+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help: Canadians born in Kuwait

Ys246

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
Hi,
This question is for Canadians who were born in Kuwait. On the citizenship application for city/town do I have to mention Farwaniya or Kuwait is enough. As Kuwait is really small country unlike major big countries with multiple cities. I worry if they will mention place of birth Farwaniya instead of Kuwait on the Canadian passport.

Place of birth
* City or town
* Country or territory

Any help would be appreciated. thanks.

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hi,
This question is for Canadians who were born in Kuwait. On the citizenship application for city/town do I have to mention Farwaniya or Kuwait is enough. As Kuwait is really small country unlike major big countries with multiple cities. I worry if they will mention place of birth Farwaniya instead of Kuwait on the Canadian passport.

Place of birth
* City or town
* Country or territory

Any help would be appreciated. thanks.
You should use the same city as in the birth certificate.

Reactions: Ys246

YousifBreesam

Star Member
Jan 31, 2018
They usually ask for city & country of birth! So you have to mention Farwaniya as the city, and Kuwait as the country.

Reactions: Ys246

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
So on my Canadian passport the place of birth will be mentioned as Kuwait or Farwaniya ?
Canadian passports show the city/town and then the 3-letter short form of the country. So it would show both.
Either way, when you apply for your passport after being granted citizenship, you will have to fill out a separate form and will have to put in the place of birth there again.

Reactions: YousifBreesam