+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP!! Canadian trv application online (withdrawal procedure?)

xluo62

Aug 13, 2019
hello ehsan,

what happened with your situation? i am on the same boat. i made a mistake and need to withdraw my TRV application cause i chose the wrong answers. now i need to withdraw my application and submit the correct immigration forms. please reply
Hi jaynish,
I am in the same trouble now. How is your case ended up? I am very worried about that now.

xluo62

Aug 13, 2019
Dear Bryanna,

I am from Iran (but my application process in Turkey-Ankara) I need to withdraw my application because of a technical bug of the CIC website which didn't include the biometrics fee so my payment was incomplete. I won't receive the biometric letter to start my process. I explained the issue completely here:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/incomplete-payment-for-study-permit-visa-in-an-online-application.577464/#post-7158717

Now, my question is: if I request a web form for the withdrawal, should I wait for a reply? or Can I start a new application right away?
Does withdrawal negatively affect my next application? I mean is there any law declares that I have to wait for a period of time to start a new application after withdrawal? I should also mention that I am Winter 19 intake and the visa procedure for Iranian would take ~13 weeks. So I am in a hurry.

Thank you so much for your help.
hi ehsan,
What happened with your case finally? Please reply. Thanks.

ehsanshah

Aug 13, 2018
hello ehsan,

what happened with your situation? i am on the same boat. i made a mistake and need to withdraw my TRV application cause i chose the wrong answers. now i need to withdraw my application and submit the correct immigration forms. please reply
Dear Jaynish,

Sorry for the late reply. I sent a webform and after less than a day, they sent me a link for paying the remaining amount for biometric. My biometric letter then has been sent to me in a couple of hours. I guess you do the same thing too. Don't withdraw and resent the web form (and do send an email to corresponding embassy whenever you send a web form) if they don't answer in a week or less.

Regards,
Ehsan

xluo62

Aug 13, 2019
I guess you can find my reply above!
Thank you for your reply. So you did not send withdrawal request right? You just sent a webform to declare your situation? I have submitted the withdrawal request, so I have to wait until the application is withdrawn to submit a new one :(.

ehsanshah

Aug 13, 2018
Thank you for your reply. So you did not send withdrawal request right? You just sent a webform to declare your situation? I have submitted the withdrawal request, so I have to wait until the application is withdrawn to submit a new one :(.
No, I didn't send the withdrawal request. It was a problem for many others too, as long as I remember we found around 10 people with the same problem. But they send us the payment link and we all were good after that.
Did you explain to them the reason for withdrawal? if so they might come up with a solution rather than accepting your request.

gagangowda

Aug 12, 2019
Hi I had been offered to percieve ms in University of windsor and Also my visa has been approved. But due to Covid 19 I have withdrawn the course. Now as I have got the visa issued and withdrawn my course what do I have to do next? To refund my GIC account i need to upload Copy of passport showing the cancelled Visa How can I get that?

sazati

Feb 1, 2022
Thanks a lot for your reply Bryanna,
Today morning, I initiated another case specific inquiry using the IRCC web form and under the category "Replacement documents, Amendments to documents and verification of status documents": I wrote to them with the information about the mistake I made/How I made the mistake and the clarification on why my student visa was refused.

You mentioned "an email to the relevant visa office for your country/territory" is there a way for me to find out what VO is my application going to? I have applied online from United states and I haven't seen any mention of VO in my application status.

Also, are there cases where withdrawal is denied?
Are there any chances of me getting a misrepresentation or anything like that? I am kind of freaked out about how easy it is to make a mistake and pay such a big price. ( Sorry I have been asking way too many questions!)

Thanks a lot for your time!

Cheers
I have made the same mistake recently and I am so stressed out. i applied for my parents supervisa online and I forgot to mention that they had a Canadian TRV refusal 8 years ago. i have now sent a webform asking for a withdrawal and also sent another webform mentioning the error was an oversight and not intentional and i have also asked if they will allow me to withdraw and I can pay new fees and submit a new application. now I have to wait and pray that they either let me withdraw or proceed with the existing application. i hope I get some feedback and motivation from you - as you were so lucky that they did not withdraw ur application and let you proceed with the existing application and approved you.

sazati

Feb 1, 2022
Hi,

The decision to allow you to withdraw your application is with the visa office even though you have initiated it.

I recommend you send a Case Specific Enquiry + an email to the relevant visa office for your country/territory to explain that you had inadvertently/due to genuine oversight/you misread the visa refusal question in the TRV form..... that it was a genuine mistake, that you have informed IRCC of your own accord, etc etc.

You'll need to mention your study permit refusal in the CSE and email.

Your visa office for communication continues to remain the same one which is responsible for your country/territory even though you have applied online.

If you aren't in a hurry, you'll need to wait for the visa office to confirm that your application has been withdrawn/your file has been closed (this could take a few weeks).... then order GCMS Notes just to double check the comments against your file before you submit a new application

Cheers
I have made the same mistake recently and I am so stressed out. i applied for my parents supervisa online and I forgot to mention that they had a Canadian TRV refusal 8 years ago. i have now sent a webform asking for a withdrawal and also sent another webform mentioning the error was an oversight and not intentional and i have also asked if they will allow me to withdraw and I can pay new fees and submit a new application. now I have to wait and pray that they either let me withdraw or proceed with the existing application. I followed this instruction you provided here and now waiting to see what comes in my way next. thanks for a little light at the end of the tunnel