+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP!! Canada Post lost my passport and immigration visa, what should i do??

xiaosanxiong

Dec 15, 2016
Hi,

Is there any body know what I should do now? I'm an inland permanent resident application under PNP stream. I already got request passport for immigration visa email but I think Canada Post lost my return mail that should contains my passport and immigration visa and probably landing paper, but I'm not too sure about what exactly should be in my mail. I know that definitely I have to apply for a new passport at my country's embassy. But I don't know how can I get the other document in the mail, that is my immigration visa and landing paper and whatever should be in the mail. I learned from website that there is a VOS (Verification of Status) (IMM 5545). Does this apply to my case? I have never ever landed into Canada using the "lost" document. Also even if VOS applies, it still needs average 6 months to process but my current work permit will be expired next July. What if I haven't got VOS at that time, then I have to leave Canada??? Thanks a lot!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

You can't apply for a Verification of Status. You need to contact the VO and let them know that your documents were lost by Canada Post. They will cancel the documents and re-issue them when you send your new passport.

xiaosanxiong

Dec 15, 2016
canuck_in_uk said:
Hi

You can't apply for a Verification of Status. You need to contact the VO and let them know that your documents were lost by Canada Post. They will cancel the documents and re-issue them when you send your new passport.
Thank you so much for your reply. Do I need to contact CPC-Ottawa. Since my application has been approved and closed per CIC website. Will they still process my request? Do I just email them and ask for them to re-issue the document? Any idea how long will it takes? Since my work permit will be expired next July, and I'm really afraid that it takes longer than that.... Thanks in advance!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
xiaosanxiong said:
Thank you so much for your reply. Do I need to contact CPC-Ottawa. Since my application has been approved and closed per CIC website. Will they still process my request? Do I just email them and ask for them to re-issue the document? Any idea how long will it takes? Since my work permit will be expired next July, and I'm really afraid that it takes longer than that.... Thanks in advance!
Yes, email them and explain the situation. Once you send your new passport, it shouldn't take more than a few weeks for the documents to be re-issued.

I assume you have chased Canada Post as much as possible to find your documents?

xiaosanxiong

Dec 15, 2016
canuck_in_uk said:
Yes, email them and explain the situation. Once you send your new passport, it shouldn't take more than a few weeks for the documents to be re-issued.

I assume you have chased Canada Post as much as possible to find your documents?
Thank you. I did. I might wait until Canada Post admitted that my mail is lost so that I can take any further action. But again I will have to use Canada Post again when Canada re-issue my document, won't I. That sucks.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
xiaosanxiong said:
Thank you. I did. I might wait until Canada Post admitted that my mail is lost so that I can take any further action. But again I will have to use Canada Post again when Canada re-issue my document, won't I. That sucks.
You can send it by courier and include a prepaid envelope for IRCC to return your documents.

ashuindian

VIP Member
Jan 5, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
4Jan16
Nomination.....
01Jun16
AOR Received.
17Jan17
File Transfer...
09 Feb17
Med's Request
08 Jun17
Med's Done....
13 Jun17
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2018
xiaosanxiong said:
Hi,

Is there any body know what I should do now? I'm an inland permanent resident application under PNP stream. I already got request passport for immigration visa email but I think Canada Post lost my return mail that should contains my passport and immigration visa and probably landing paper, but I'm not too sure about what exactly should be in my mail. I know that definitely I have to apply for a new passport at my country's embassy. But I don't know how can I get the other document in the mail, that is my immigration visa and landing paper and whatever should be in the mail. I learned from website that there is a VOS (Verification of Status) (IMM 5545). Does this apply to my case? I have never ever landed into Canada using the "lost" document. Also even if VOS applies, it still needs average 6 months to process but my current work permit will be expired next July. What if I haven't got VOS at that time, then I have to leave Canada??? Thanks a lot!
As well as write or contact to Canada post to search your packet.