+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help! Bank refused to issue stamped bank statement

allencc1989

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019
Hey guys,

I have an issue regarding the bank statement. Since I'm currently living in the U.S. and I'm a PhD student. I tried to get a stamped bank statement from wells fargo bank, which I would use as part of my POF. However, the bank refused to stamp or signed on the statement and they said it was already official documentation. They gave me a letter of deposit verification singed by the stuff with letterhead, my current balance, and my account open dates. (which was last month since I received a money gift from my parents), they also give me a business card of the representative in the branch and told me to attach it? I wonder if I only submit the bank statement without stamp and signature as well as the official bank letter issued by them and the business card attached. Then I explained it in the LOE will suffice? I have another account from which I got my monthly stipend. I got the stamped bank statement without any issue.

I am so worried since I've seen people saying that their application got rejected because they submitted non-stamped bank statements. What should I do if the bank decline to stamp or sign on that bank statements?:eek::eek::eek:

rasmita9

Jan 16, 2024
Need help!
Received ITA and currently out of country, FSW candidate, need official bank letter for proofs of funds from Scotiabank but got to know they only provide inperson. Is it fine just to upload the statements? Will that be a issue ? Has anyone faced same situation?

sabensaid92

Nov 8, 2023
Need help!
Received ITA and currently out of country, FSW candidate, need official bank letter for proofs of funds from Scotiabank but got to know they only provide inperson. Is it fine just to upload the statements? Will that be a issue ? Has anyone faced same situation?
That's weird!!! I've got mine from Tangerine (owned by scotia btw) and they've sent it to me electronically (secured e-mail) and paper copy to the address of my choice. I'd say give it a try with another agent on the phone. Otherwise contact them via email, if they respond with no, you can add 6 months of bank statement and their response with a letter of explanation stating that you've tried to get the letter but here's the answer from the bank.

Reactions: rasmita9