+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP-Applying for visas from W.Africa-Canada

123CAD

Apr 22, 2012
We're just about to put in our tourist visa applications for siblings to come for three weeks from West Africa to Canada. There are four of them in total. Please if you can give me advice on the following:
1) How much money should we have in our account?
2) What do you think the chances are considering we have every document listed
3) The documents that they suggest the host provide is: evidence of income (T4s), pay slips, and bank statement.. they do not say that the bank statement has to be for any period of time etc. only if they are self-funded, which they are not. Do you think it will be a problem if we just give a bank statment that has the total funds, no activity etc. (a new account)?
4) Once we put the funds in the account, is there anyway that they check that? Like do they call the bank here in Canada to confirm? Or can we take the funds out to purchase remaining flight tickets etc.?
5) Is there any adive on how to increase the odds of them getting a visa?
6) Does anyone know if it would be better/more likely to get visas if we apply all seperate, or as a family?

Thank you!!! Very much appreciated:) I cannot wait to see my family:)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Unfortunately the chances they will be approved are likely low given they are from West Africa. The best way to increase the chances of an approval are to show very strong ties to their home country, to prove they are very well established there and demonstrate they have no plans to remain in Canada long term. Ideally this proof should be several of the following: proof of property ownwership, proof of employment, proof of business ownership, proof of property rental, proof of school enrollment, proof of other assets (e.g. bank accounts) held in home country, proof that immediate family members (e.g. spouse & children) are remaining at home and not going on the trip, etc.

I would not provide a bank statement from a new account with no activity. This always looks suspiscious.

Good luck.

Alabaman

Apr 24, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do they have a US visa on their passport? That would increase your chances tremendously.

123CAD

Apr 22, 2012
Thanks for your replys,

1) We are funding them, and I notice on the application that it only requires bank statments if they are self funded. We were going to get a letter from the bank certified by the bank manager that stated the total funds available in the account. We just don't want to have our statement details sent off. Also, our bank doesn't have any personel, it's simply through machienes ATMs, so that's why we put the funds in a more user friendly account with a new account.

2) They are students and will have official letters from their school providing information as to their study dates and next semester.
3) I will be providing copies of the parents ID cards as well as other siblings who are not coming for a visit.
4)They do not have anything on their passports as they are new, this is the first trip we have saved up to give them a chance to visit us here.

NEW info: I was wondering:
-One of my sister's is married and her husband has children. I have copies of his ID card and all of the children's birth certificates. They require a copy of the marrage certificate. They have one from 2010 that is from Guinea where they got married with their extended family and friends. When they went to get one from SL, they were only able to get one dated fresh, not the 2010 date (obviously) but, which one should we include? Or both? with a letter explaining?

Again, thank you!! any tips would be great:)