+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[HELP] Applying for PR - Passport expiring Dec,31 2015.

iwasjeff

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Aug-2015
Doc's Request.
08-Sep-2015
AOR Received.
31-Aug-2015
IELTS Request
08-Sep-2015
Med's Done....
11-Sep-2015
Passport Req..
13-Jan-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
27-Jan-2016
Hello Forum:

Background story:

I was lucky enough to get invited to apply for PR.
My passport and current PGWP expires end of the year. (Due to my circumstances, as I am from South Korea, the government only renew the passport every year). Therefore, I will be getting a renewal this August.
Even if I have renewed passport, I will still have to apply for PGWP extention (for my case it is allowed b/c I am originally entitled for 3 years - have confirmed with CIC already).

Question: Since PR application is now via online, can they be updated once you submit them? Once I get the passport renewal, is it possible for me to "add" the additional updated passport/visa information? Or does it have to be done by mail?

Any comment will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Tonimir

Oct 6, 2014
Toronto
iwasjeff said:
Hello Forum:

Background story:

I was lucky enough to get invited to apply for PR.
My passport and current PGWP expires end of the year. (Due to my circumstances, as I am from South Korea, the government only renew the passport every year). Therefore, I will be getting a renewal this August.
Even if I have renewed passport, I will still have to apply for PGWP extention (for my case it is allowed b/c I am originally entitled for 3 years - have confirmed with CIC already).

Question: Since PR application is now via online, can they be updated once you submit them? Once I get the passport renewal, is it possible for me to "add" the additional updated passport/visa information? Or does it have to be done by mail?

Any comment will be appreciated.

Thank you.
No worries. Even if the online system doesn't allow you you to upload new documents. You always can email CPC-OTTAWA (if you are a Temporary Resident in Canada) with your new updates. (New passport, change of the address, etc ...)

When Emailing CPC-OTTAWA , the following information has to be provided in the beginning of the email:

Application Type: EE
Surname: xxx
Given name(s): xxx
Date of birth: xxxx-xx-xx
UCI number: xxxxxxxx
Application number: xxxxxxxxxx

p.s: CPC-CTD-Ottawa email address is: CPC-CTD-Ottawa [at] cic.gc.ca

Good Luck! :)

iwasjeff

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
Canada