+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help! Applied for bridging open wp and now PR denied

cathlyn7

Mar 8, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can anyone advise us what to do..We had our CEC PR application in since last June, only got acknowledgement email in November and as our current wps were about to expire in feb we applied for this bridging open wp in jan. now we have been refused due to oneof the jobs my husband was doing was not on the correct skills list - is carpenter but worked for some of his time as a cabinet maker. Anyway now we don't know if we still have status here as we have not received an answer from our wp app in vegreville. What do we do next? Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Seek legal advice from a lawyer to be sure. In my humble opinion, unless there is a rule that rejection of the PR application voids the bridging work permit, I don't see why you can't wait for the decision on the work permit. Even if that were the case, you should have 90 days from work permit rejection date to restore status. But confirm with a lawyer.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
cathlyn7 said:
Can anyone advise us what to do..We had our CEC PR application in since last June, only got acknowledgement email in November and as our current wps were about to expire in feb we applied for this bridging open wp in jan. now we have been refused due to oneof the jobs my husband was doing was not on the correct skills list - is carpenter but worked for some of his time as a cabinet maker.
Your BOWP will likely be refused, unfortunately. But I am also concerned about the reason your PR application was refused -

It's not clear, but what I think you're saying is, that your husband applied under NOC 7271, but had some duties under 7272, is that correct? I can't tell from the information you provided, but if that is the case, I would consult a lawyer IMMEDIATELY about the possibility of appealing the decision.

cathlyn7

Mar 8, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for your reply. My husband had work experience under two categories:
NOC 7271 Carpenter and 7441 Cabinet installer, but it seems that NOC 7441 is not an occupation listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix.
However, he had an LMO for this category - should they have issued this if it was not considered 'skilled'? We have tried contacting a few Immigration lawyers in Edmonton but no-one has gotten back to us yet. Please advise. We have been told via phone that the BOWP will be denied and we are not sure where we can go from here. My husband is likely to get another LMO this week but we are not sure whether we can continur to work or not when we are not granted the BOWP.

Thank you

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
cathlyn7 said:
Thank you for your reply. My husband had work experience under two categories:
NOC 7271 Carpenter and 7441 Cabinet installer, but it seems that NOC 7441 is not an occupation listed in Skill

Oh, OK, cabinet installer, not cabinet maker. Then unfortunately, it was unskilled and not eligible for consideration under the CEC requirements.

However, he had an LMO for this category - should they have issued this if it was not considered 'skilled'?

People can get LMOs and work permits for unskilled jobs in some provinces, that was not an error. But the rules for a work permit and the rules for CEC are different - they are different programs.

We have been told via phone that the BOWP will be denied and we are not sure where we can go from here. My husband is likely to get another LMO this week but we are not sure whether we can continur to work or not when we are not granted the BOWP.

If your husband gets another LMO, apply immediately for a new work permit...

cathlyn7

Mar 8, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for your reply. Do you think he can continue to work while waiting on the new work permit?

wchlin81

Aug 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2013
AOR Received.
05-03-2013
cathlyn7 said:
Thank you for your reply. Do you think he can continue to work while waiting on the new work permit?
Any status updates? I am surprised to hear that your husband's application did not get rejected directly at the Centralized Intake Office. They would have checked your supporting documentation and made sure on the surface you had eligibility before they even pushed it down to the visa officer.

When your husband applied, did he list down cabinet installer in the employment history of the application? Did he attach his work visa copy?

Please let me know what has happened and what you have done since the last reply.

Thanks