+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[HELP] Application STUCK at Eligibility Review - SDS Applicant from India

Adityaintouch

Apr 15, 2019
Hi All,
I am an Indian citizen and have applied for a student visa under the SDS category for a Master's course at Toronto based college. My timelines are as follows -

Application Received : 27 November 2020
Biometrics done : 7th December 2020
Medical updated : 22 January 2021 (Raised a web form to get it updated via Thailand)
Eligibility review started : 9th March 2021

Post that there is no update, I have started my studies online, and looking at a general trend all my fellow batchmates have received a decision on their application within 2 days of the start of eligibility review.

Now I am starting to freak out as there is no communication from IRCC. Can anyone guide what can be done to get a status or expedite the decision?

Also, I have heard from people in my college WhatsApp group that raising a webform pushes your application back by few days as it shows there is a new update in the application and hence I am afraid of raising one to get a confirmation, wanted your thoughts if this is true? If Yes, can i call up IRCC helpline to get the status?

Laguna55

Jul 19, 2020
There is no way to expedite an application, raising a webform won't make any difference. Why have you started your studies online without a valid study permit? Some of us have deferred up to 1 year due to delays in getting approval.

Adityaintouch

Apr 15, 2019
Unfortunately Yes, I have started studying, only option is to defer to the next intake in case I don't get visa by month-end.

RamSatt

Mar 8, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-12-2020
Med's Done....
15-11-2020
Passport Req..
17-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2021
LANDED..........
19-04-2021
I applied around the same time you did, and it took a while for me to get PPR after my eligibility review began. So it could take until the end of the month or even longer. You need to be prepared with a Plan-B (Deferral)

CaptJankSpoiler

Jan 17, 2021
Hi All,
I am an Indian citizen and have applied for a student visa under the SDS category for a Master's course at Toronto based college. My timelines are as follows -

Application Received : 27 November 2020
Biometrics done : 7th December 2020
Medical updated : 22 January 2021 (Raised a web form to get it updated via Thailand)
Eligibility review started : 9th March 2021

Post that there is no update, I have started my studies online, and looking at a general trend all my fellow batchmates have received a decision on their application within 2 days of the start of eligibility review.

Now I am starting to freak out as there is no communication from IRCC. Can anyone guide what can be done to get a status or expedite the decision?

Also, I have heard from people in my college WhatsApp group that raising a webform pushes your application back by few days as it shows there is a new update in the application and hence I am afraid of raising one to get a confirmation, wanted your thoughts if this is true? If Yes, can i call up IRCC helpline to get the status?
What does this mean "(Raised a web form to get it updated via Thailand) " ? Do you live in Thailand or did you sent webform to thailand? if yes then may I ask you why?

Adityaintouch

Apr 15, 2019
What does this mean "(Raised a web form to get it updated via Thailand) " ? Do you live in Thailand or did you sent webform to thailand? if yes then may I ask you why?
There was a hack people identified that in order to get medical updated fast (back in January) when things were not moving, raising webform via Thailand would do it fast within a week, everyone else did this as well who already have received PPR now.

Yesterday,, I called up CIC helpline they mentioned that the application is in progress,
Eligibility - review required
Criminality - passed
Security - Under progress

Don't know why it's taking long.

_vedant_

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
There was a hack people identified that in order to get medical updated fast (back in January) when things were not moving, raising webform via Thailand would do it fast within a week, everyone else did this as well who already have received PPR now.

Yesterday,, I called up CIC helpline they mentioned that the application is in progress,
Criminality - passed

How did you called the CIC helpline?

notsolucky

Mar 19, 2021

Criminality - passed

Hi.Did someone in Canada made the call? How to contact.

Adityaintouch

Apr 15, 2019
You can use the TextNow App to make local calls within canada from a remote location. Search for 'textnow' keyword in the forum you will get guides on how to use the app to contact IRCC helpline

notsolucky

Mar 19, 2021
You can use the TextNow App to make local calls within canada from a remote location. Search for 'textnow' keyword in the forum you will get guides on how to use the app to contact IRCC helpline
Thankyou. But I don't seem to find the app on Google Play Store

Adityaintouch

Apr 15, 2019
Its not on playstore, you will need to download APK from 3rd party sites if using an android device. search the forum you will get results how to download and use the app

Rahil Khan

Star Member
Jan 22, 2023
Its not on playstore, you will need to download APK from 3rd party sites if using an android device. search the forum you will get results how to download and use the app
Brother did u get decision?how long did it take i have been waiting from 5 months still decision is pending your reply would really help me