+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP: ANSWERED TO THE WRONG QUESTION IN THE BACKGROUND FORM

ChocoGlad

Jan 20, 2015
Hi All,

I need some advice regarding my application which I sent in December.

I just noticed that I have accidentally answered to the wrong question in the background form :(

I had a Canada tourist visa rejection before which I mentioned it under question 6-e(question for any denied admission) instead of correct 6-d (question for any visa rejection). So basically I checked the check-box for 6-e instead of 6-d and wrote my visa rejection details referring to question 6-e.

Do you think it would be problematic and if it is, can i mail an updated background form to CIC with a cover letter explaining the mistake happened (even though the express entry scheme has already started)? :'(

Thank you for your help.

optimistic candi

Jun 17, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 17/2016
AOR Received.
June 07/2016
File Transfer...
Aug 2/2016
Med's Done....
sent along
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
BGC in progress on 15 December
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 25 December
ChocoGlad said:
Hi All,

I need some advice regarding my application which I sent in December.

I just noticed that I have accidentally answered to the wrong question in the background form :(

I had a Canada tourist visa rejection before which I mentioned it under question 6-e(question for any denied admission) instead of correct 6-d (question for any visa rejection). So basically I checked the check-box for 6-e instead of 6-d and wrote my visa rejection details referring to question 6-e.

Do you think it would be problematic and if it is, can i mail an updated background form to CIC with a cover letter explaining the mistake happened (even though the express entry scheme has already started)? :'(

Thank you for your help.
I guess it cant be a huge issue.
but nothing is good news for fswp.
So you can send the updated form snd letter as you decided.
That's the best option

vedette

Jul 21, 2015
Raniafekry said:
I did the same mistake, did you send updated Schedule A form

Thanks
Well if you hsve done the mistake. It is highly advised to send the updated corrected schedule A form as it is the most important form when it comes to immigration background checks and security checks. Consequences may vary from rejection to delayed processing of your application. So be proactive. All the best. The best is fill the form. Print it. Ask your partner or close friend to proof read. Sign and then send. All the best