None
Passport Req..
Passport submitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2014
LANDED..........
Soon :)
Hi everyone ,

Here's my situation. I acquired canadian PR in 2009 June and it is supposed to expire on 7 Jul 2014 as per my
PR card. I did not meet the residency obligation of staying 2 years and do not make a case on humanitarian
and compassionate grounds (since I chose to study in india and then pursue a job). Now I have been offered
admission to UBC and U Waterloo for jan 2015 as an international candidate. As per advice I received I need
to get my PR status assessed before I should apply for student visa. My questions are :

1. My PR card expires on 7 jul 2014 .. is it any good to apply of permanent resident travel document before that
or it will be rejected ?

2. Suppose my PR is revoked and then I apply for student visa will this create an issue since I had a PR earlier and chose
not to avail it.

Kindly advise whether i should apply for travel document to get my PR assessed right now or wait till Jul 7 till expiry?

Also, is there any rule which says that one can apply for student visa only 3 months before the session starting.

Appreciate all replies
thanks !

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There's a chance you could still keep your PR status and attend school in Canada as a domestic student. If you want to try to save your PR status, you would need to re-enter Canada BEFORE your PR card expires. There is a decent chance you may be able to re-enter Canada without being reported by immigration for failing to meet the PR residency requirement. If you are able to enter Canada without being reported, then to retain your PR status, you will have to remain in Canada for the next two years without leaving for even one day. Once you have been in Canada for 2 years you will be able to apply for a new PR card.