+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help! Am I screwed?

dizzylady

Jan 30, 2022
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help me out here as I'm freaking out. I submitted my PR PNP paper application back in October 2020 and recently got a request for some documents to be re-submitted. A lot has happened between October 2020 and now so I'm very nervous.

First, since submitting my Schedule A - I had two work permit refusals (due to an error with LMIA exemption code, since figured out and work permit was approved). Obviously this means that I have one major update to the information noted on that form.

I also realized that I forgot to include one trip I took in my travel history (a week in France, I'm from UK and don't have passport stamps as a result). I included a LoE along with my updated travel history. I'm so scared that this will lead to misrepresentation.

My work has been pretty enormously affected by COVID too (hospitality industry), so my hours of work have been all over the place along with my period of unemployment while sorting out my work permit situation. It all just feels like a big mess that's happened in the time that's elapsed between my original application and now. I'm obviously panicking and trying to figure out if I'll be refused, or worse, found inadmissible. I've included LoEs for anything that might raise a red flag and tried to be as thorough and honest as possible because I'm not entirely sure what else to do. Am I totally f**ked? Help :/

Amr1981

Star Member
Aug 22, 2021
Kuwait
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NS
App. Filed.......
16 June 2021
Doc's Request.
24 Jan 2023
Nomination.....
28 May 2021
AOR Received.
11 August 2022
File Transfer...
Etobicoke
Med's Request
09 January 2023
Med's Done....
15 January 2023
Passport Req..
2 November 2023
VISA ISSUED...
22 November 2023
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help me out here as I'm freaking out. I submitted my PR PNP paper application back in October 2020 and recently got a request for some documents to be re-submitted. A lot has happened between October 2020 and now so I'm very nervous.

First, since submitting my Schedule A - I had two work permit refusals (due to an error with LMIA exemption code, since figured out and work permit was approved). Obviously this means that I have one major update to the information noted on that form.

I also realized that I forgot to include one trip I took in my travel history (a week in France, I'm from UK and don't have passport stamps as a result). I included a LoE along with my updated travel history. I'm so scared that this will lead to misrepresentation.

My work has been pretty enormously affected by COVID too (hospitality industry), so my hours of work have been all over the place along with my period of unemployment while sorting out my work permit situation. It all just feels like a big mess that's happened in the time that's elapsed between my original application and now. I'm obviously panicking and trying to figure out if I'll be refused, or worse, found inadmissible. I've included LoEs for anything that might raise a red flag and tried to be as thorough and honest as possible because I'm not entirely sure what else to do. Am I totally f**ked? Help :/
I do not think telling all the real circumstances will get you screwed, try to be positive and do not lie or hide any information, they will not consider mispresentation for something you forgot which will not affect your application such as a trip to France, but if something might affect your application is hidding and information which is essential to the processing of your application such as your POF or Job designation or Family statis and so on.
this is my opinion thought, and Im not an immigration consultant rather than a follower to fourms.

Reactions: monaleerosal

dizzylady

Jan 30, 2022
I do not think telling all the real circumstances will get you screwed, try to be positive and do not lie or hide any information, they will not consider mispresentation for something you forgot which will not affect your application such as a trip to France, but if something might affect your application is hidding and information which is essential to the processing of your application such as your POF or Job designation or Family statis and so on.
this is my opinion thought, and Im not an immigration consultant rather than a follower to fourms.
Thank you for your response. I've been trying to remind myself of this too. I definitely don't have any secret family members, undisclosed criminal history or any other undisclosed information. I've included LoE with details for the missed details and have also made sure to go over anything I included that might catch their attention. I feel so stupid for messing up the travel history, but I hadn't even looked at my application since mailing it in October 2020 that I'm scared they'll think I omitted information and only provided it because they requested updated documents. Maybe I've been reading too many of other people's PR refusals and inadmissibility decisions :/

Ultimately I guess that aside from trying my best to be super transparent about everything (which I've done) - there's not really anything else I can do now except hope that I didn't make any grave mistakes.

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
Thank you for your response. I've been trying to remind myself of this too. I definitely don't have any secret family members, undisclosed criminal history or any other undisclosed information. I've included LoE with details for the missed details and have also made sure to go over anything I included that might catch their attention. I feel so stupid for messing up the travel history, but I hadn't even looked at my application since mailing it in October 2020 that I'm scared they'll think I omitted information and only provided it because they requested updated documents. Maybe I've been reading too many of other people's PR refusals and inadmissibility decisions :/

Ultimately I guess that aside from trying my best to be super transparent about everything (which I've done) - there's not really anything else I can do now except hope that I didn't make any grave mistakes.
Dont forget to disclose your refused visas, they an easily track this info in their system

dizzylady

Jan 30, 2022
Dont forget to disclose your refused visas, they an easily track this info in their system
Thank you for the reply! I did include this in detail in my LoE for my work permit and then again with my resubmission of Schedule A (plus change to answer for Q.6d) along with a timeline of what happened when applying for restoration of status and subsequent work permit being granted. I'm hoping this is sufficient for them to proceed with the background check and I won't get in trouble for it. I feel like I have immigration PTSD from the stress of the issues with my work permit even though it's now resolved.

Reactions: monaleerosal

monaleerosal

Star Member
Apr 24, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO | Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-01-2021
Nomination.....
01-10-2021
AOR Received.
16-10-2021
Med's Done....
23-10-2021
Passport Req..
10-03-2022
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2022
LANDED..........
09-04-2022
Thank you for the reply! I did include this in detail in my LoE for my work permit and then again with my resubmission of Schedule A (plus change to answer for Q.6d) along with a timeline of what happened when applying for restoration of status and subsequent work permit being granted. I'm hoping this is sufficient for them to proceed with the background check and I won't get in trouble for it. I feel like I have immigration PTSD from the stress of the issues with my work permit even though it's now resolved.
I think IRCC would understand and won't see it as misinterpretation. Considering that your application is paper-based, you can't exactly submit webforms. And from what I've read, you've been thorough. But I definitely can relate to what you call PTSD throughout this entire process and the waiting! D: