+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help! After Aip What to Do??

Roshan Mehdi

Apr 28, 2020
Hello Everyone I applied on March 22 through VFS dubai with Everything gave my medical my biometrics etc
Then on 8th of September I received my Aip then i decided to apply for a Deferral for January intake and now The University has Informed me That The course Which i took has been suspended in future. I Wanted to know if i change my course will it Affect my Application and Aip Or Everything will be the same i do not have any option whatsoever Because the university has suspended that course kindly please let me knw

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
You're right, you don't have an option. Apply for another course (same or different DLI) and update your application by sending new LoA via webform along with a short explanation. If applicable, upload a new proof of payment of tuition.

It might trigger a fresh eligibility review, but it is what it is. Like you said, you have no option so worrying about it won't help. Best of luck.

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
If there's an alternate program that is somewhat related to the one you already applied for, take that with in the same DLI. If it's not, try to find an alternate Winter 2021 DLI with same course (at least the title) and do it fast since the window to apply for Winter 2021 is closing down. If you are accepted, transfer the tuition to that DLI and then update IRCC with new LOA, Fee deposits etc.. It will definitely kick a soft eligibility again but if you keep the same course level (or higher) and select the same progression path, it'll be okay.

Hello Everyone I applied on March 22 through VFS dubai with Everything gave my medical my biometrics etc
Then on 8th of September I received my Aip then i decided to apply for a Deferral for January intake and now The University has Informed me That The course Which i took has been suspended in future. I Wanted to know if i change my course will it Affect my Application and Aip Or Everything will be the same i do not have any option whatsoever Because the university has suspended that course kindly please let me knw

Arunpt

Nov 5, 2020
If there's an alternate program that is somewhat related to the one you already applied for, take that with in the same DLI. If it's not, try to find an alternate Winter 2021 DLI with same course (at least the title) and do it fast since the window to apply for Winter 2021 is closing down. If you are accepted, transfer the tuition to that DLI and then update IRCC with new LOA, Fee deposits etc.. It will definitely kick a soft eligibility again but if you keep the same course level (or higher) and select the same progression path, it'll be okay.
Will it be a problem if the new course in the new DLI has less practical hours compared the older course?? Both are one year graduate certificate program. New program is little easier.