+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help/Advice Needed Soon Pliiiiz

Alwy Alsaggaf

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Hello all. Please find time and read the below email I had sent to a VIP member in this forum for an advice/guidance. Your replies shall be greatly appreciated.
Hello Sir,

I have seen that you are a VIP member in the forum. I really hope you will be able to help me out in this situation.

I have a very close friend(almost like a father to me) He helped me when I come to Canada 3 years ago. He is still helping me out and constantly pressuring and encouraging me to continue and not give up in my studies. He employed me part time at his small furniture finishing business where he worked and bought the business from his employers later on. I can't thank this guy enough for what he had done for me. Helping me in this country when I have no relative or anyone to turn to during very difficult situations.
The business that he is into is furniture finishing. A trade that very few people if not none in this country want to get into. I see him stressed out managing he outside work and having to come back and work the whole evening until late nights. The weekends and even holidays. He has no other option but to this so that he can at least get some job done. He has a family but barely gets to spend time with them. If It was not for y studying then I'd definitely be working for him just as I always do whenever I get breaks from school.
It has been eating my mind when I go to his work place and seeing all the work pilled up. I can see it in his face how difficult he is going through. We are constantly looking for people willing to work, even get trained at least but it's almost impossible to find people interested in doing this trade. He has tried tens or almost hundred people but people don't stay for long because they get some other jobs to do.
With all this eating his mind and my mind, I have been tying to look for a way out so that I can at least do something for him as an appreciation to all the help he has been extending to me. My research in this forums led me to Federal Skilled Workers Program where visas get expedited for people with trades that the country lacks. What can you advice on the best way forward? We are looking for way to bring someone from a different country. Person who is doing this type of work already. This will be the least thing I can do to show my appreciation for him. I will also be helping him and the economy in general.
Your guidance shall be highly apprecited.

Thank you

Alwy Alsaggaf

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Bicks8868 said:
Can you give more info like, whats is the job noc and whats the pay like. Which area is the job in.
Hey Bicks,

It's furniture finishing like I had mentioned up there. Basically restoration of burnt/damaged furniture and that kind of stuff. It is high end furnishing. Job is in Toronto, Ontario.
Pay, depends on qualifications. If you are already a finisher then he'll give you some work and he will see you can get to the company's standards. But even if you aren't experienced then he can train you as long as you are keen and willing to learn. It's a dying trade so with time and experience, one can make very good money eventually.