+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

help adout deferring admission

nav9992

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Hello everyone

I got accepted for Meng in Mechanical Engineering at Concordia for fall 2015 and want defer to admission to jan 2016 intake. Anyone know the process of deferring for concordia

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
nav9992 said:
Hello everyone

I got accepted for Meng in Mechanical Engineering at Concordia for fall 2015 and want defer to admission to jan 2016 intake. Anyone know the process of deferring for concordia
contact concordia they will tell u the procedure. i think there is a $25 fee but u should contact ur department

Anees

Jul 25, 2012
Email from Diane which I made request to defer my admission of M.Eng Electrical & Computer Engineering:

Dear New Student,

The University regulations state that a student can defer admission for a maximum of three semesters or one academic year. After one year, the student will have to re-apply to the university. Concordia University has a 3-semester academic year: Summer (May - August), Fall (September - December), Winter (January - April)

NOTE: It is highly recommended that students do not begin their program in the Summer (May-August) semester. There is a very small selection of courses offered in the Summer and courses are offered in a condensed format (7 weeks) which is often difficult for new students arriving in Canada and adjusting to a new environment.

Please note, there is a $25.00 administration fee to defer admission that is charged each time a student requests a deferral. You may pay this fee with a debit or credit card, or you can attach a personal cheque, money order, bank draft with your request, or you can arrange for a bank-to-bank transfer.
**NOTE** The University has waived the deferral fee for students coming from Iran or Syria.
I have attached the deferral form for your convenience.

Option 1: Mail the following documents to the address below:
Deferral form
A brief letter explaining why you are deferring admission indicating which semester you will begin your program. Include your full name and Concordia I.D. number. If you are an MASc or Ph.D. student please indicate the name of your supervisor.
A personal cheque or bank draft for the amount of $25.00 (Canadian funds), payable to Concordia University. Indicate your name and I.D. number on the cheque or bank draft. For a bank-to-bank transfer of funds, see instructions below.
Once received, the deferral will be processed. Mail to:

Diane Moffat
Graduate Program Coordinator
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Concordia University
1455 de Maisonneuve Blvd West, Room EV-5.168
Montreal, Quebec, H3G 1M8, Canada

***NOTE***: A scanned copy of the deferral form and explanation letter can be sent to my email address (Diane.Moffat @ concordia.ca), however, the deferral fee must be received before the request can be processed.

Option 2: Send an email to the address below requesting a deferral of admission and attach a scanned copy of the following documents:
The completed and signed deferral form
A brief letter explaining why you are deferring and which semester you will begin your program. Please include your name and I.D. number. If you are an MASc/Ph.D. student please indicate the name of your supervisor.
A personal cheque or bank draft in the amount of $25.00 (Canadian funds) payable to Concordia University can be mailed separately. Or, arrangements can be made for a friend or relative to pay the fee. For a bank-to-bank transfer of funds, or to pay the fee , see instructions below.

Once received, the deferral will be processed.

Email: Diane.Moffat @ concordia.ca

Payment of Fees : Log into your student portal, click on "My Student Centre". Then scroll down to "Finances" and there is a link that says "make a payment". This will take you to the payment where you can pay by wire transfer payment, debit (Interac) and/or MasterCard.

Please be advised there is good information on the student hub regarding everything on the new Student Centre. If you click on "Finances" there is a "how to pay your tuition". This applies to any type of payment.

http://www.concordia.ca/students/your-sis.html

If you choose this method of payment, please send a scanned copy of the payment transaction along with the deferral form. Please note, the deferral will not be processed until the funds are in your account at Concordia.

Sincerely,
---
Diane Moffat,
Graduate Program Assistant
Electrical and Computer Engineering
Concordia University
1455 de Maisonneuve Blvd. W., Room EV-5.168
Montreal, Quebec, H3G 1M8, Canada
Email: diane @ ece.concordia.ca
Tel: 514-848-2424 ext: 3103

Reactions: bijo

nav9992

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
@Anees in how much time you get this reply from program coordinator i am from mechanical department and send email 2 days ago but no reply yet
I appreciate if you give format of your deferral request

Vamsikrishna

May 26, 2015
hello...I just deferred my offer to jan 16!!!
nothing to worry....just a form to fill out and deferral fee of 25 dollars
thats it

Vamsikrishna

May 26, 2015
deferral form can be found here!! https://www.concordia.ca/content/dam/concordia/offices/sgs/docs/forms/deferral.pdf
Just email your program co-ordinator or assistant(Mechanical) requesting deferral and pay the 25 dollar fee...They'll send you an re-offer for jan'16(they might take a couple of weeks though)

Askani

Star Member
May 27, 2015
Quebec, Montreal
Visa Office......
Pakistan, Karachi
Go to my concordia portal and go to payment option and make a payment of 25dollar and take a screenshot and send it with defferal form to charlene@alcor.concordia.ca

nav9992

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
One more query ...i do accepted offer letter by paying 250 CAD but do not register for any course will it create problem for me in deferring admission to later semester.