+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help about study -Secondary Programs-

jseep

Jan 20, 2011
Good Evening,

My name is Juan, I want to suty in Canada my secondary school. Actually Im in 9th grade and I want to finish the secondary there. And maybe study in a university or college after. I want to receive information about programs, costs, documents. Im 14 years old. I have family in Ontario. Please help me!! I want to know how is the process and if I can to live alone there...

Thanks!!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can read one of my older post:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/admission-in-elementary-public-school-on-visitor-visa-t48991.0.html

Canadian Career Coach

Star Member
Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Most students attend the 'public' school system and there is no cost to you as a student. There is also a separate school system that has no fees any while historically this has been mostly attended by people of the Catholic Faith, the rules have changed and you don't have to be Catholic to attend (be admitted), however there is a religion class that has to be taken. It's more of an educational religious class like you could learn about any religion if you choose so in University.

Colleges in Canada are mainly (with some exceptions) for obtaining diplomas and certificates and Universities are to obtain degrees. Most secondary students go from grade 9-12 then onto College or University, however students also have the option to do what we call a 'victory lap' which means if you don't have the right credits, or don't know what you want to do after completing grade 12 you can go back for another 'lap' and take just a few courses, or a full load, it's up to you. You have the full right to do an additional year (no charge) if you feel you need it, or don't have the right courses to enter College/University. Ontario used to have a grade 13 not too many years ago (the only province in Canada to have it) and many students will still take the additional year as they also feel too young to be at University.