+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help - 2 current address

needhelp09

May 2, 2019
Hi,

In the address history in PR application, I am kind of confused about how to fill in the application. I technically have 2 current addresses in Toronto. During the weekday I stay at a place where I rented as it was close to the college I was studying in (I currently still stay here and pay monthly rent) but in the weekend I go to my relative place as it is close to the part-time job I am in. For all legal documents e.g. DL, medical report etc I have mentioned my relative place as I find her place to be more secure to receive important documents. So in the address history do I mention both places I am currently living i.e. providing To date and leaving end date blank as I am currently living in both places or does that provide a problem to my application and the officer might find it confusing ??
Or do I just mention only the rented place I am living as the current address as I live there for 5 days out of 7 days in the week and not mention my relatives' place? Provide that address only in the mailing address. But then the issue is that most of my important documents have her address on it.

I do not know what to do. I am so stressed in filling the PR form and any help would be appreciated.

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
Hi,

In the address history in PR application, I am kind of confused about how to fill in the application. I technically have 2 current addresses in Toronto. During the weekday I stay at a place where I rented as it was close to the college I was studying in (I currently still stay here and pay monthly rent) but in the weekend I go to my relative place as it is close to the part-time job I am in. For all legal documents e.g. DL, medical report etc I have mentioned my relative place as I find her place to be more secure to receive important documents. So in the address history do I mention both places I am currently living i.e. providing To date and leaving end date blank as I am currently living in both places or does that provide a problem to my application and the officer might find it confusing ??
Or do I just mention only the rented place I am living as the current address as I live there for 5 days out of 7 days in the week and not mention my relatives' place? Provide that address only in the mailing address. But then the issue is that most of my important documents have her address on it.

I do not know what to do. I am so stressed in filling the PR form and any help would be appreciated.
I would mention the place you spend most time at in the address history. I would also mention that you spend the weekends your relative's place in the LOE since it's the address on your Canadian DL.

On a side note, you shouldn't have someone else's address on your DL license. It's illegal in Ontario AFAIK.

needhelp09

May 2, 2019
I would mention the place you spend most time at in the address history. I would also mention that you spend the weekends your relative's place in the LOE since it's the address on your Canadian DL.

On a side note, you shouldn't have someone else's address on your DL license. It's illegal in Ontario AFAIK.
Ok I shall do that.
Yes, I agree with you, that was something I was contemplating about when I got my DL in June. The reason why I chose her address as it was more permanent and I am not sure how long I will be living in the rented place. As both the addresses are still in the same city, it technically shouldn't be a problem and I thought it was better to have her address than the rented place... sigh... hope it doesn't cause a problem for me in my application regarding my addresses ... :(

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
You will be ok. I think address history in general is looked at with respect travel history to determine if you will be needing a PCC or not.

You live in the same city anyway, so no big deal.

needhelp09

May 2, 2019
You will be ok. I think address history in general is looked at with respect travel history to determine if you will be needing a PCC or not.

You live in the same city anyway, so no big deal.
Thank you for the input.

Sorry to bombard you with more questions. I am filling the personal activities - do I have to mention the 1n half month gaps I had from mid-July 2017 till the end of Aug 2017( it is a short period). As I was unemployed and was preparing to head to Canada for my education beginning in Sept 2017.
In addition, as I have completed my studies in Dec 2018. I will be mentioning the 2 months gap(Jan - Feb) as I was searching for jobs and to get my work permit. I am guessing I do not have to provide any reference letter of my current job in Canada as I have not claimed points for it. And with the proof of funds - as I am getting monthly income - do I need to show some kind of document for it? Though I already had sufficient funds in my account (around 10k - 11k CAD) even before my current job. As I read and heard giving too many unnecessary documents is also not advised.

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
Do not leave any gaps in the personal history. If you were unemployed, say you were unemployed. You don't have to overly explain things unless you think there is a doubt or potential misunderstanding.

Work not affecting your CRS points need not be mentioned in the work history and doesn't require reference letters. It must be added to your personal history though.

As long as your POF either mentions the average balance or you provided bank statements for the past 6 months, you don't need to show how your monthly income is earned.

needhelp09

May 2, 2019
Do not leave any gaps in the personal history. If you were unemployed, say you were unemployed. You don't have to overly explain things unless you think there is a doubt or potential misunderstanding.

Work not affecting your CRS points need not be mentioned in the work history and doesn't require reference letters. It must be added to your personal history though.

As long as your POF either mentions the average balance or you provided bank statements for the past 6 months, you don't need to show how your monthly income is earned.
Thank you!

While looking at personal history again, I made sure there is a continuity of activities and no gaps. I have a doubt now. I was wondering do I need to mention the part-time job I had for 8 months while I was studying in Canada last year at the same time?

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
Thank you!

While looking at personal history again, I made sure there is a continuity of activities and no gaps. I have a doubt now. I was wondering do I need to mention the part-time job I had for 8 months while I was studying in Canada last year at the same time?
You have to mention everything in the personal history as long as it falls in the categories they specify for personal history (i.e. employment, unemployment, etc.). Overlapping is fine.

needhelp09

May 2, 2019
You have to mention everything in the personal history as long as it falls in the categories they specify for personal history (i.e. employment, unemployment, etc.). Overlapping is fine.
Okie. Will do. Thank you for answering everything so patiently!