+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help!renew PR card DM then transfer to local

sweetFF

Apr 1, 2013
renew PR card, residence obligation around 900 days.
my timeline is

We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 15, 2012.

We started processing your application on November 21, 2012.

Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on December 18, 2012. You will be notified by mail within four weeks and invited to pick up your card at the CIC office closest to you.
----(then I didn;t get pickup letter or card, it is the letter ask me to send certified copy of all pages of passport, including blank page)
certified copy submit on Feb 2nd, 2013.

I was going to travel this long weekend to New York so I send "Urgent process request" by email on March 19th.after 2 days I got a reply of
"....This refers to the application for a permanent resident card that you filed with this office. The purpose of this letter is to advise you that following a review of your application, it has been necessary to refer your application to the local Citizenship and Immigration office. We regret to advise you that this referral will result in additional delay. You will be contacted by the local office if additional information or documents are required to complete your file....."

Last online status became:
We transferred your application to the local CIC office on March 21, 2013. The local CIC office may contact you.

Then no update or info till today.
-------------------------------------------------
PS: when I applied for renew I was outside of Canada. I consulted a so-called 'immigration consulting company', I was told I don't have to be in Canada to renew PR. and the guy charged me hundred bucks, asked me to send all documents to him by mail. Now I am back right before the old card got expired (march 4th) . But when I sent passport copy CIC probably notice I wasn't in Canada. I don't mean to lie. and I don't need to lie. I have 900 days of residence. Now it is totally ruined by the stupid guy I consulted.
So what should I do now. Please advise. Thanks a lot.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: HELP~renew PR card DM then transfer to local

1. Referals to Local Offices seem to take around 12 months depending if interview is required.

2. The PR renewal application forms were updated back in the fall 2012 to include asking for copies of your travel document. What version of the form did you submit? Do you have copies? Gather documents that are proof of your physical presence in Canada for the 900 days you claimed e.g health record billing from OHIP in preparation for interview. Did you submit Notices of Tax Assessments?

3. You should consider applying for your GCMS/FOSS records to see what the issue is. Go to CIC website and check ATIP/Info request process and forms. Ask for data under the Privacy Act as its free. The info may be heavily redacted though if CIC don't want to reveal something that raises their operational methods/ data/ifo gathering.

4. You can still travel but returning to Canada will be a challenge if you are not from a visitor visa exempt country and are travelling by commercial transport. If you are exempt then boarding the plane is the hard part - you need a return ticket else the airline gets charged if you are refused entry. If you are not visa exempt then apply for a Travel Document but this will likely be delayed as there is a flag on your file or travel by private transport across a land border. At the port of entry explain your situation to the CBSA agent.

Its better not to leave Canada unless you are confident of declared physical presence and can proove this.

sweetFF

Apr 1, 2013
Re: HELP~renew PR card DM then transfer to local

Thank u for ur reply
I handed in Certified copy of all pages including blank pages by Canadian lawyer

Yes I submit 2year NOA as request in 2012 they just changed to 5years 2013

Yah im abt to file g notes

sweetFF

Apr 1, 2013
Re: Leon Pls advise renew PR card DM then transfer to local

Leon
Please give your oppinion thx a lot

sweetFF

Apr 1, 2013
Re: Pls advise renew PR card DM then transfer to local

I really appreicate if any of u can give advise abt my situation

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You don't have to be in Canada when you apply to renew your PR card but the application must originate from within Canada. As long as you didn't lie about being in Canada when you weren't, you are fine.

Anybody can get unlucky and get an RQ. Sometimes they just give an RQ because they see a lot of stamps on your passport.

You should prepare for your interview by ordering your travel history from CBSA under the privacy act and also getting a list of your health care usage from the health care in your province. Both can help establish that you were in Canada when you said you were. Of course having a job or studying is the best proof. Tax records, copies of pay slips, reference letter from employer etc. are also good things to have.

tareqali

Jun 7, 2013
Hi SweetFF,

I am faced with similar situation like yours. can you tell me what happened to your case?

Thanks!