+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hello My Friends..

loomit

Sep 19, 2012
hello my dear friends and welcome me to your board..:) i am a canadian citizen and i live in canada, but my fiance and her kid living in lithuania...i would like to know...if i will go to lithuania to see her and we get married there is it possible to make their papers from lithuania and aafter to come all together back to canada? How long it will take about? and whats the cost of it? there are some lowyers there that can fix this thing? please answer me because i go all day to downtown to immigration etc etc and nobody helped me exactly..i will wait your answers...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Start by reading the first post in the following thread and then let us know what additional questions you have:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-t46995.0.html

loomit

Sep 19, 2012
I cant understand many words in english...so it will be better to discuss it with some guys here to explain me also...i would appreciate any help..i am only 24 years old and i am in deep and black waters...haha :)

loomit

Sep 19, 2012
So...when i will get married i can apply in lithuania for her? in witch office? where exactly? is better to go to a lowyer? or they dont help?

lunas

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/07/2012
AOR Received.
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
8/15/2012
Passport Req..
03/14/2013
LANDED..........
04/19/2013
I'm sorry I don't mean to do rude but the post above has some useful information. Like you, I was very overwhelmed when i first started. This process is not easy for any of us.
I would start witht the link posted.
If you get married and decide to stay with your wife in Lithuania during the process, you can choose the Outland process which is a little bit faster. The cost for both Sponsor (you) and the applicant (your spouse) is about 1,040 dollars. Your spouse will need to get a medical exam and request police records. There might be additional requirements for her country.
You will need to do some reading. There is lots of help here but you will need to do your homework too.

loomit

Sep 19, 2012
thank you for this and its more helpful from the topic...for me i am talking always...maybe some people understand them better..but i dont...let me ask you something more....when we will get married...its easy to find a loawyer to do this things or i have to do them alone? i mean from lithuania, i will find some lawyers to do this job? because i have to work also, so i am not able to do the office job...the 1040 dollars is for who? i mean where i have to pay these money? and from where i have to start? i am not good with the papers thats why i am asking these questions...

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
loomit said:
thank you for this and its more helpful from the topic...for me i am talking always...maybe some people understand them better..but i dont...let me ask you something more....when we will get married...its easy to find a loawyer to do this things or i have to do them alone? i mean from lithuania, i will find some lawyers to do this job? because i have to work also, so i am not able to do the office job...the 1040 dollars is for who? i mean where i have to pay these money? and from where i have to start? i am not good with the papers thats why i am asking these questions...
You CAN find a lawyer, but it is going to cost A LOT more money. You don't have to do it alone, there are some consultants out there who are willing to help for free (we had one). But not many. Most of them cost a very large amount to fill them out and file for you. You can do it alone and get the help you need here :)

The way it works is first, you fill out all the paperwork and get all the documents you need, both you and your wife, along with the medicals and police clearance needed for your wife and her child(Just medical for the child). You will need proof of your relationship/marriage. These include airline tickets or itineraries, photos, chat logs, text logs etc. All of these help show that you have a genuine relationship. When it comes to the police certificate, you need to do this within three months of sending it, as after three months, they may ask for another one. (Link for police certificate: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/europe/lithuania.asp). For the medicals, your wife and child both need to get them and the doctor will need to be on this list: http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicalinfo.aspx?CountryID=1901&CountryName=Poland If your wife's child's father is still alive, she will need written note stating that he is okay with you sponsoring the child to move to Canada.

You personally will need Option C from your last taxes (call Canada Revenue Agency for this, it's free) and a letter of employment. Also need proof of citizenship (like a birth certificate) and basically proof you can support these two people plus yourself.

Then you send EVERYTHING to CIC- Mississauga. They do the first stage, which is around 70 days right now, but it changes often. The first stage is essentially checking up on YOU as the sponsor. Then they forward it to your visa office after you've been approved.

Your visa Office would be Warsaw. There, they look at your wife and her child's medicals, your wife's criminal record, the proof of relationship etc. They also could ask for an interview with your wife if they do not believe your relationship is genuine. This is not something anyone wants, an interview. Warsaw right now is averaging at 8 months. That's when the majority of the cases (80%) are completed.

The 1040 is to Canadian Immigration, Mississauga Office, however you will be paying more when you add her child on. I believe it's 150+475 for each child. You start with the document checklist on the CIC website. (This is your country specific one http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3902e.pdf) All the forms you need to complete and the instructions are in there.

I hope that helped, I tried to break it down as much as possible :)