+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hello Job Seeker ,

adil2008

Feb 5, 2010
A friend of mine, living in usa. he applied for his work permit visa after got the positive LMO. the time he applied in new york , the consulate told him they will take only 10 days to process his case.

But now its almost above the 10days , n he still didnt get any respose from them .

Do someone know how long it will take ???

Thanks

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
adil2008 said:
A friend of mine, living in usa. he applied for his work permit visa after got the positive LMO. the time he applied in new york , the consulate told him they will take only 10 days to process his case.

But now its almost above the 10days , n he still didnt get any respose from them .

Do someone know how long it will take ???

Thanks
Hi,

Officers/Consulates give (gu)es(s)timates on processing time. Wait out the time. Have more patience. NY really process WPs fast if they can finish the app in 10 days. Some offices takes forever ( :) kidding, not really forever), few weeks to few months to process.

adil2008

Feb 5, 2010
Hello Job Seeker ,

Friend of mine still waiting for his work permit application ,as it has been 21 days.He didn't hear from new york consulate. Please tell me why it gettin too late ?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
adil2008 said:
Hello Job Seeker ,

Friend of mine still waiting for his work permit application ,as it has been 21 days.He didn't hear from new york consulate. Please tell me why it gettin too late ?
Hi,

Wish I know why his application is getting delayed. Anyway, according to the website (CIC) and Buffalo Website, most applications get processed in 28 days (75%/most). So probably your friend's case is in the few that got more scrutinized. Sorry, mate. Your friend just have to wait out the time the visa officer finishes processing his work permit. Some people wait several months.

adil2008

Feb 5, 2010
Hello Job_seeker,

Friend of mine applied through new york office. and its now more than 28 days since he applied , want to ask whether he can call new york office or go personaly and find out about his visa status because now its almost more than 28 days past ?and he didnt get reply.

adil2008

Feb 5, 2010
Please reply me .......

adil2008 said:
Hello Job_seeker,

Friend of mine applied through new york office. and its now more than 28 days since he applied , want to ask whether he can call new york office or go personaly and find out about his visa status because now its almost more than 28 days past ?and he didnt get reply.
please some one can reply me .

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Re: Please reply me .......

adil2008 said:
please some one can reply me .
Hi,

Sorry. 1 month is not a long time to wait. The website says average of 10 working days for routine apps. Anyway your friend can fax or send an email; we don't really know what is happening.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/new_york/imm/general_info-rens_generaux.aspx?lang=eng

Status Inquiry:

Due to Canadian Privacy legislation, individual cases cannot be discussed over the telephone and must be dealt with by letter, by email or by fax.

* Any requests regarding the status of an application, MUST be submitted in writing, either by mail, fax or email. Please make sure you include your full name, date of birth and file reference number. We will not respond to a status inquiry submitted within normal processing time.
* This office does not acknowledge receipt of documents and passports.