+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hello everyone!

Jayjayjay

Jun 20, 2019
I applied for Canadian Citizenships in March 2018, and they receive my application by April 10, 2018. Since then I have received the following information.

• We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 10, 2018.
  • We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 1, 2018.
  • We started processing your application on July 23, 2018.
  • I called them this week and they told me we contacted the local office (Scarborough) and they told us the application in queue for an officer to review.
  • Could anyone tell me what does that mean? Please give me a sincere and responsible answer as I am very frustrated with this. I know people they applied after me and the got their Citizenships.
  • My application passed the processing time by almost 3 months now.
  • Does this mean everything going well or there is anything wrong. They never asked me for any additional information.
  • Do you have any idea how long will it take (at least in my case) to finalize my application?
  • Thank

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
I applied for Canadian Citizenships in March 2018, and they receive my application by April 10, 2018. Since then I have received the following information.

• We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 10, 2018.
  • We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 1, 2018.
  • I called them this week and they told me we contacted the local office (Scarborough) and they told us the application in queue for an officer to review.
  • Could anyone tell me what does that mean? Please give me a sincere and responsible answer as I am very frustrated with this. I know people they applied after me and the got their Citizenships.
  • Does this mean everything going well or there is anything wrong. They never asked me for any additional information.
  • Do you have any idea how long will it take (at least in my case) to finalize my application?
  • Thank
Where do u live?

Jayjayjay

Jun 20, 2019
I live in Toronto which is the most busiest weekend Palme for applicants. However, I know people they received their citizenship in Toronto within 6 months after applying.

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
My guess is ur file was initially at mississauga office and like quite a few other applicants got transferred to Scarborough to manage workload. This only explains why u did not get test invite so far. As Scarborough do not take that long to process file. But now u shud expect test invite soon and be pr3pared to take oath next day like so many others doing at Scarborough office

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
If you applied in March then it's still only 3 months. If you visit the various Month-Year threads here you will see that people getting oath within 6 months is rare. 12 months is the stated time and many things can affect that, even getting a fingerprint request makes your application non routine and some people get that randomly anyway.

There is even a document which you can look at and get yourself added to via the March - 2019 thread.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V2kMI1QtzlMj8k4shG0IBLnS8GqOhoJDkem5HloNe0I/edit#gid=1674299663

1% of those who applied in March, ie: one single person(!) has gotten their test invite. And they requested and one assumes got urgent processing (normally given if waiting on a job that requires it). Now that list is probably around 10% (+/- some value) of total applicants, but it's an indication.

I know people in and around Toronto who got it after 18 months. I applied around two months before you (January) and haven't heard anything in 6 weeks since a fingerprint request. Only 29% of Jan applicants got a test invite.

Is 6 months possible? Yes sure, but likely? No. Especially not around Toronto where there are a lot more applicants.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

sweetcute123

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
25-09-2016
IELTS Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Passport Req..
24-01-2017
If you applied in March then it's still only 3 months. If you visit the various Month-Year threads here you will see that people getting oath within 6 months is rare. 12 months is the stated time and many things can affect that, even getting a fingerprint request makes your application non routine and some people get that randomly anyway.

There is even a document which you can look at and get yourself added to via the March - 2019 thread.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V2kMI1QtzlMj8k4shG0IBLnS8GqOhoJDkem5HloNe0I/edit#gid=1674299663

1% of those who applied in March, ie: one single person(!) has gotten their test invite. And they requested and one assumes got urgent processing (normally given if waiting on a job that requires it). Now that list is probably around 10% (+/- some value) of total applicants, but it's an indication.

I know people in and around Toronto who got it after 18 months. I applied around two months before you (January) and haven't heard anything in 6 weeks since a fingerprint request. Only 29% of Jan applicants got a test invite.

Is 6 months possible? Yes sure, but likely? No. Especially not around Toronto where there are a lot more applicants.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html
at least read first ...its 2018 not 2019

Reactions: bellaluna

Jayjayjay

Jun 20, 2019

Thank you for your answer, but I applied April 2018 so it’s more than 15 months now.

Jayjayjay

Jun 20, 2019
My guess is ur file was initially at mississauga office and like quite a few other applicants got transferred to Scarborough to manage workload. This only explains why u did not get test invite so far. As Scarborough do not take that long to process file. But now u shud expect test invite soon and be pr3pared to take oath next day like so many others doing at Scarborough office
Thanks for the optimistic response, hope this is the case.

Jayjayjay

Jun 20, 2019

• Thank

Jayjayjay

Jun 20, 2019
Can anyone tell me what does it mean when you’re application is in queue for an officer to review??? Is there anyone who has experience same situation. You’re answer will be greatly appreciated thank you!!!

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
at least read first ...its 2018 not 2019
Yes thank you. I did misread a few parts of the post.

Thank you for your answer, but I applied April 2018 so it’s more than 15 months now.
Thanks for clarifying, apologies for misreading it. Here is the 2018 spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UVvKb4Sem00uOCyB2kTeM2_AofgT_8b4uTJyBh9pXdg/edit#gid=1128992897

It looks like only 71% of April '18 applicants have gotten test invite (or not reported it). This sucks, and clearly IRCC is not meeting their 12 month deadline in many cases. Although of course I'm sure they'd say "it's an average", "some are non routine" etc... But there really isn't anything we can do. It sounds like you've contacted them, I think you just got unlucky. Even Oath date there is 51%.

If it helps, one of my friends on the 18 month timescale? He got FP request after 15 months (and yes he lives west of the GTA) and got his interview and oath pretty quickly thereafter.

Another thing, if you google for your exact (with grammar updated? 'your') message there I few links including this one: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=306&top=3

Good luck getting more details soon. If you don't hear within a few more weeks you could remind them (if you didn't) that it's past the 12 months and ask if they have an ETA or what the actual last date on your application was. For example, when i rang after getting and submitting FP request on May 6th I think after asking they were able to tell me the actual date (it was a few weeks) they had entered <something> into the file; despite this not being listed on ECAS.

Reactions: Jayjayjay

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Can anyone tell me what does it mean when you’re application is in queue for an officer to review??? Is there anyone who has experience same situation. You’re answer will be greatly appreciated thank you!!!
It basically means that they have your application and it is sitting in a pile with other applications doing nothing and waiting for a case officer to actually start looking at it. Nothing is wrong, it is just sitting there waiting to be picked up. Majority of applications spend most of their processing time just sitting around waiting to be looked at. It is just that yours has been sitting around longer than most.

Reactions: Jayjayjay

Jayjayjay

Jun 20, 2019
It basically means that they have your application and it is sitting in a pile with other applications doing nothing and waiting for a case officer to actually start looking at it. Nothing is wrong, it is just sitting there waiting to be picked up. Majority of applications spend most of their processing time just sitting around waiting to be looked at. It is just that yours has been sitting around longer than most.
Thank you!!!