+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hello Everyone PLz Help me Help me ... i have bit long question but plz read and reply

eeshoo

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
Hi,

I Need help from everyone who want to help me. I want to file asylum in Canada . i visited USA first time and wanted to file asylum but could not because of new elected president of usa's changing policies for refugee .becoz he I stayed there almost % and half months and back to my country almost three months before, but i have applied TRV Canada from USA and got it successfully.

Now i want to come Canada and apply for asylum . i am from minorities.
So My questions are:::

1) can i be successful if i apply asylum in Canada?means my case will not be weak due to returning my home country as i am from minorities.and have some issues here with minorities.

2) is any body here in forum who help me on humanitarian ground( its request) in procedure of asylum becoz i dont know even single step where should i go or what should i do first when i land in Canada?

iam waiting fro reply from each member.

hope so there are God loving people.

Thanks In Advance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Unfortunately being from a minority is not grounds for asylum. You must have been personally persecuted and have proof that your life is at risk. As you mentioned the fact that you were recently in the US and did not file for asylum and returned to your country will be a big issue for your application. Although you may not want to apply for asylum in the US it is considered a safe country so you will not be able to justify your lack of asylum claim on Trump.

Cip

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Hi,

I Need help from everyone who want to help me. I want to file asylum in Canada . i visited USA first time and wanted to file asylum but could not because of new elected president of usa's changing policies for refugee .becoz he I stayed there almost % and half months and back to my country almost three months before, but i have applied TRV Canada from USA and got it successfully.

Now i want to come Canada and apply for asylum . i am from minorities.
So My questions are:::

1) can i be successful if i apply asylum in Canada?means my case will not be weak due to returning my home country as i am from minorities.and have some issues here with minorities.

2) is any body here in forum who help me on humanitarian ground( its request) in procedure of asylum becoz i dont know even single step where should i go or what should i do first when i land in Canada?

iam waiting fro reply from each member.

hope so there are God loving people.

Thanks In Advance.
If your reason for leaving your country means ur life is at risk yes u can seek for asylum in canada doesnt necessary mean if u have bn to usa or not i know somone that entered canda from usa without TRV and no relative in canada already granted a positive hearing as a protected person ... So goodluck

eeshoo

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
Unfortunately being from a minority is not grounds for asylum. You must have been personally persecuted and have proof that your life is at risk. As you mentioned the fact that you were recently in the US and did not file for asylum and returned to your country will be a big issue for your application. Although you may not want to apply for asylum in the US it is considered a safe country so you will not be able to justify your lack of asylum claim on Trump.
yeah ... you are right ... but what can i do now ? tell me please ...iam worried ... should i go back to USA and file there or canada? because i came to know in Canada they give quick result.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The wait time for asylum is probably between 1-2 years if you get asylum without an appeal. There is a very big backlog. I would suggest consulting a lawyer because the approval rate for Pakastani citizens is not very high. Without knowing the details of your case we can't provide you with the advice that you want. A lawyer will be able to do that.

eeshoo

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
The wait time for asylum is probably between 1-2 years if you get asylum without an appeal. There is a very big backlog. I would suggest consulting a lawyer because the approval rate for Pakastani citizens is not very high. Without knowing the details of your case we can't provide you with the advice that you want. A lawyer will be able to do that.

if i consult with lawyer in Canada then can i be successful? did you saw result of failure cases of pakistani citizen?

are you from pakistan? what the fees lawyer will charge?

and secondly, i did nt get you about your statement "The wait time for asylum is probably between 1-2 years if you get asylum without an appeal"...what does it mean? without appeal?

thanks for prompt response.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
did you saw result of failure cases of pakistani citizen?
The refugee acceptance rate in Canada is an average of 56%. That means for every 10 refugee applications, 4 are refused and sent home.

The wait time for asylum is probably between 1-2 years if you get asylum without an appeal"...what does it mean?
When you come to Canada and apply for refugee status, you get interviewed and present your basis of claim (why you are a refugee). The interviewing officer will make notes, take your application and send it to IRCC. He will also give you a date for an interview with the IRB. It’s suppose to be 90 days, but with all the people from Haiti claiming assylum in Canada right now, the system is overloaded. Your appointment will be delayed for about 18 months, give or take. Until you get your interview with the IRB, and they accept your claim, you are not a refugee. You have to wait for their decision.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It would be a good idea to have a consultation with a lawyer. Often you can get a fast consultation for free. If you explain your situation the lawyer would be able to tell of you if there is a chance at asylum of very little chance. You have only entionned that you are a minority and that is not enough usually to claim asylum (Obviously there are some exceptions if there is examples of mass attack, etc). You need to have examples and proof that your life is in danger and that you could not move or do anything in your country to be protected.