+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hellllllp! Forgot to include option C form!

kjp

Aug 3, 2012
Hi, I'm new here and I NEED ADVICE! Hope someone can help.

My husband and I mailed our application on Wednesday. This morning when I was tidying up I found my option C form!!!! I don't know HOW I forgot to put it in, but I did :( and it's checked off on the checklist and everything. What should I do? Send it right away and hope they somehow match it up with our application? Or do I have to wait until the whole app gets sent back to me? I included a letter from my employer and my T4 and T5 slips... will they maybe just think that's good enough and not ask for the Option C at all?

I'm sooooooo upset at myself. If someone knows the best way to fix this, please let me know.

Thank you.

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
kjp said:
Hi, I'm new here and I NEED ADVICE! Hope someone can help.

My husband and I mailed our application on Wednesday. This morning when I was tidying up I found my option C form!!!! I don't know HOW I forgot to put it in, but I did :( and it's checked off on the checklist and everything. What should I do? Send it right away and hope they somehow match it up with our application? Or do I have to wait until the whole app gets sent back to me? I included a letter from my employer and my T4 and T5 slips... will they maybe just think that's good enough and not ask for the Option C at all?

I'm sooooooo upset at myself. If someone knows the best way to fix this, please let me know.

Thank you.
ohhh sorry to hear that but you can not send any additional docs at this point. you will have to wait for a reply from CIC, then you can send requested docs. if you have included letter from employer and T4,T% slips, that would be more than enough. there are many cases, including me :) who got approval without option-c.
just stay calm now, i think you will be fine :)
good luck

kjp

Aug 3, 2012
So it is possible to get approved without it? It says if you don't include it you need a letter stating why though...

I guess I will hope that they'll approve me without it, though knowing my luck they will probably send the whole thing back. I just feel like such an idiot. We checked everything twice against the checklist before putting it in the envelope... only thing I can think is it slipped out of the pile as I was putting it in :( :( worst luck ever. Hopefully it won't slow us down tooooo much. I'll wait it out with my fingers crossed.

Thank you for replying!

canada6999

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012
File Transfer...
18-09-2012
Med's Done....
26-05-2012
Interview........
In Process as of 3rd Jan, 2013
Passport Req..
01-10-2012 (New Delhi received it on 4th Oct, 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
12-01-2013
kjp said:
So it is possible to get approved without it? It says if you don't include it you need a letter stating why though...

I guess I will hope that they'll approve me without it, though knowing my luck they will probably send the whole thing back. I just feel like such an idiot. We checked everything twice against the checklist before putting it in the envelope... only thing I can think is it slipped out of the pile as I was putting it in :( :( worst luck ever. Hopefully it won't slow us down tooooo much. I'll wait it out with my fingers crossed.

Thank you for replying!
Dont worry so far you had your T4 and Letter from your employer included

kjp

Aug 3, 2012
Thanks guys. At least I have a small hope that I might get approved even without it. I won't count on it but I do feel a little better.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kjp said:
So it is possible to get approved without it?
Absolutely! Not only possible, but likely (given that you submitted alternate evidence).

In the unlikely even that they really want to see it for step 1, they can reach out to you and ask you to e-mail them a copy.

Once you get your sponsor approval and file number, send it to the visa office so they have it when they do the detailed review of your file. 8)

sumitd

Apr 16, 2012
ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2012
AOR Received.
12-06-2012
File Transfer...
12-06-2012
Passport Req..
05-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-30-2012/ PP received on the 7th of September
LANDED..........
September 21-2012
kjp said:

Thank you for replying!
Dnt even cross your fingers, keep your hands open and enjoy beer on this beautiful long weekend..lol!!

dnt wrry, it wnt affect the approval, T4 slips and Job letter is more then enuf.

Sumit

AnaMaria

May 2, 2012
New Westminster, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2012
AOR Received.
09-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
30-11-2012!
sumitd said:
Dnt even cross your fingers, keep your hands open and enjoy beer on this beautiful long weekend..lol!!

Sumit
Oh, I like your attitude ;D :D :p We sometimes need to relax and enjoy what we have on our hands!

silver-2

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 4, 2012
AOR Received.
July 20, 2012
File Transfer...
Aug. 1, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar. 15, 2012
Interview........
(waived)
Passport Req..
Jan. 21, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan. 24, 2013
LANDED..........
Feb. 18, 2013
Just throwing this out there....I got two copies of my Option C mailed to me, is it possible that you put one of them in the application and found the extra one lying around?

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
I was approved without an Option C. I provided a detailed explanation stating that I have been abroad since 2001 and therefore haven't filed taxes since before that time. I also included my tax assessments from China, current pay stubs (8 months worth), and statements of earnings and benefits for 2010 and 2011. The approval came in 91 days without a question.

I think the Option C is really only 'optional'...it doesn't seem to be a required document. All they care about is that you are not bankrupt and not on welfare. If you can prove that, then the Option C is moot.

FS

smokijoe

Oct 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PoS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
14-02-2012
AOR Received.
28-12-2011
File Transfer...
15-10-2011
Med's Done....
01-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Not needed
VISA ISSUED...
27/04/2012
LANDED..........
12/06/2012
I suggest you not to worry too much about the Option C. My wife sponsored me and did not include one. We completely missed it and no questions were asked. I am not saying you will be absolutely fine, I'm saying that if they do need it they will giuve you the opportunity to provide it late in the process.

kjp

Aug 3, 2012
silver-2 said:
Just throwing this out there....I got two copies of my Option C mailed to me, is it possible that you put one of them in the application and found the extra one lying around?
I only got one copy. I photocopied it here but as I have both the photocopy AND the original in my possession, I'm quite positive I forgot it :p

Thanks everyone, I feel WAY better now. Hopefully I'll get approved without it and, if I am, I'll send it along once we have a file number.