+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HEEELPPPP Visitor visa refused

Anujin batorgil

Jul 11, 2019
i applied TRV on 4th of july and today (after 1 week) i recieved an email which informed me that decision has made so that i checked online to see the final decision and it says REFUSED

i indicated to stay for 3 weeks to visit Montreal and i have sufficiant fund which is $20,000 CAD ( plan to spend $10,000) and my family tie all my family members and friends live in my homecountry. I am not married and 21 years old.
Currently i am master's student of french university ( came back to home 2 weeks ago, but my student status haven't finished yet) and i even attached the document which i am going to be employed in october in my home country. i've attached my 3 week itinerary, letter of explanantion( why chose montreal , travel history, my family ties to home country) Hostel booking and flight booking but still refused.. what should i do now?
i didn't mention that my boyfriend lives in Montreal since my home tie is not strong ( single , currently not employed)
Should i reapply with invitation letter now?
i haven't get the detailed letter yet but i think they'll probably tell me that my home tie is not strong.. What should i do to improve it?

Last edited:

Saif.najm15

Jul 8, 2019
Good luck with your future visa requests

Usually the applicant need to have a stable long term job to approve his request.

Anujin batorgil

Jul 11, 2019
Good luck with your future visa requests

Usually the applicant need to have a stable long term job to approve his request.
Now i am not really sure if i should reapply or not... but i just indicated that i'll have a job soon... should i tell them i'll work there for 5+ years also? hmmm

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
I'll have a job and I Have a job are two different things. I noticed that people who declare "Too Much" money seem to get declined as well. You're only allowed to bring 10K into Canada per entrance. you can put the amount for trip on the form but show the 20k in your account.

Did you apply for the Tourist Visa, with no invitation? Hmm. Order you Notes. Only way to really know more. But that's what I can see off hand.

Anujin batorgil

Jul 11, 2019
I'll have a job and I Have a job are two different things. I noticed that people who declare "Too Much" money seem to get declined as well. You're only allowed to bring 10K into Canada per entrance. you can put the amount for trip on the form but show the 20k in your account.

Did you apply for the Tourist Visa, with no invitation? Hmm. Order you Notes. Only way to really know more. But that's what I can see off hand.
i just wanted to show if in any emergency case i have enough money to cover but 10K is my planned money to spend there since i'm taking care of my lodge and necessities.

Yes , i applied for visitor visa in order to see throughout Montreal and visit my boyfriend but decided to not to show any tie with Canada ( decided to apply without invitiation letter from my boyfriend) since my tie back home is not "that" strong (unemployed( soon to be graduated) and not married). BUT i am still student and as soon as i graduate i'll get into my job in my home country.
And on my letter of explanation i indicated that i 've already found job that pays more than country's average just to make my home tie strong...

Last edited:

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
This is not true at all. I've done so on a TRV.
The only rule is that you must declare whether you're bringing over 10k into Canada.
That's kind of what I meant...I know you can. But you have to declare it. Think about it though if you're coming to visit a country for 3 weeks, why would you need that much money. They can look at it as you have other intentions.

I worded that part wrong. But thanks for pointing that out.

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
i just wanted to show if any emergency i have enough money to cover but 10K is my planned money to spend there since i'm taking care of my lodge and necessities.

Yes , i applied for visitor visa in order to see throughout Montreal and visit my boyfriend but decided to not to show any tie with Canada ( decided to apply without invitation letter from my boyfriend) since my tie back home is not "that" strong (unemployed( soon to be graduated) and not married). But isn't it too obvious for them? i am still student and as soon as i graduate i'll get into my job in my home country.
And on my letter of explanation i indicated that i 've already found job that pays more than country's average just to make my home tie strong...
Yes, If you choose to re-apply even include a semi-detailed budget and day-to-day itinerary. To strengthen your profile. Put more information in regards to you having to go back to school...If that's the case. If you pay rent, and in a lease, add that. Think outside of the box with reason of course. But just prove you are a genuine visitor, AND you have all reason to return home.

I'm afraid that if you re-apply with the letter it may come of as deception. So unless you have a good explanation then don't add it.

I applied for my boyfriend. He was refused but I managed not to get the refusal for Home ties. He has a daughter and mother he'd be leaving home. So that did not affect us. Just financial,purpose, and travel history.

I have re-applied and I am waiting to see what happens.

schilz

Star Member
Dec 25, 2018
That's kind of what I meant...I know you can. But you have to declare it. Think about it though if you're coming to visit a country for 3 weeks, why would you need that much money. They can look at it as you have other intentions.

I worded that part wrong. But thanks for pointing that out.
Let's remember that funds are not evaluated on their own, but rather as part of the application as a whole.

E.g.
You show savings of 20k CAD
If you have weak ties to your country, and your yearly income is 20k, then it would be suspicious that you have 1 year of your income saved that you intend to use during a 3 week trip.

But if your yearly income is of 80k CAD, and you have a solid job history then 20k saved seems more reasonable, and in a balance of probabilities, with the strong job history it may not be a cause of concern to the reviewing officer.

At the same time, it is important to also consider the applicant's yearly income, and their relative comfort of living in their own country (a salary of 50k CAD in the USA is not the same as 50k CAD in India for example) when making a determination.
Also, to separate how much an applicant may have saved, versus how much they intend to use during their trip.

You could have 30k CAD saved, your life savings, but only intend to use 10k CAD.

All of this to say, there are many factors as you know, but the amount on its own is meaningless without taking into account the rest of the details of the visa application.

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Also showing funds available is not the same as how much you plan to spend. Im assuming the officers would want to see that incase something were to happen (like you got into a fight with the person inviting you and you now had to get a hotel instead of staying at their house) that you have enough funds to cover yourself.

Anujin batorgil

Jul 11, 2019
Let's remember that funds are not evaluated on their own, but rather as part of the application as a whole.

E.g.
You show savings of 20k CAD
If you have weak ties to your country, and your yearly income is 20k, then it would be suspicious that you have 1 year of your income saved that you intend to use during a 3 week trip.

But if your yearly income is of 80k CAD, and you have a solid job history then 20k saved seems more reasonable, and in a balance of probabilities, with the strong job history it may not be a cause of concern to the reviewing officer.

At the same time, it is important to also consider the applicant's yearly income, and their relative comfort of living in their own country (a salary of 50k CAD in the USA is not the same as 50k CAD in India for example) when making a determination.
Also, to separate how much an applicant may have saved, versus how much they intend to use during their trip.

You could have 30k CAD saved, your life savings, but only intend to use 10k CAD.

All of this to say, there are many factors as you know, but the amount on its own is meaningless without taking into account the rest of the details of the visa application.
hmm to be honest, i've been always student in my life , i dont rly have much job history and about savings it's my dad's , he saved money for me for some uses since i had no job or savings before.
And average salary is 350USD in my home country.

i decided to put on the application $10,000 since they asked and according to my travel itinerary i thought it could be right since i have never been there (according to my itinerary i am going to visit many places and eat outside lot so thought more would be better...)

So what do u think i should do now? make my plan more detailed??

Last edited:

Anujin batorgil

Jul 11, 2019
Yes, If you choose to re-apply even include a semi-detailed budget and day-to-day itinerary. To strengthen your profile. Put more information in regards to you having to go back to school...If that's the case. If you pay rent, and in a lease, add that. Think outside of the box with reason of course. But just prove you are a genuine visitor, AND you have all reason to return home.

I'm afraid that if you re-apply with the letter it may come of as deception. So unless you have a good explanation then don't add it.

I applied for my boyfriend. He was refused but I managed not to get the refusal for Home ties. He has a daughter and mother he'd be leaving home. So that did not affect us. Just financial,purpose, and travel history.

Hmmm about school i'm graduating, i have already took my grand oral exam and i came back to home but just didn't get my diploma yet and still second oral exam is happening there and that makes me still an student but can't prove anything regarding my school now since i don need to go back. In my home country i live with my parents and grandmother (84 years old) i don't pay rent or anything but from 2017, i been living in Paris and Hanoi and i payed rent there.

And do u think since i have no kids n husband that makes my family ties 'that' weak?
Now i don't rly have no idea what document/information i should include.... I am really confused.....

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
And do u think since i have no kids n husband that makes my family ties 'that' weak?
Yes, because it means you're free to do anything and have no obligations to go back to your home country/country of residence.

Pretty sure they also assumed that since you are single, you are meeting a Canadian partner.

Anujin batorgil

Jul 11, 2019
Yes, because it means you're free to do anything and have no obligations to go back to your home country/country of residence.

Pretty sure they also assumed that since you are single, you are meeting a Canadian partner.
Hmm what should i do now... Could u advice anything? :(

Jul 11, 2019
If any one get approval for visitor visa before please tell me after they approve your application how much it takes to give your passport back and thank you