+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Heart valve surgery after endocartitis

Rhuanrlima

May 17, 2019
Hi, I had heart valve surgery and a stroke after I had endocardititis, and I would like to know if it makes me unable to do any of immigration programs. It's been something that I've been thinking a lot, I have family there and would like to live there

Thank you in advance

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Not necessarily. If your treatment costs less than ~19000 CAD a year, you can still qualify. If it's over that amount, then it will be deemed a significant burden and you may be found inadmissible.

Also, what family do you have here? Which program do you think you will use?

All programs have the same health requirements - except for the spousal sponsorship, where you cannot be denied under the significant burden ground.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would depend on the ongoing side effects from your stroke and also ongoing cardiac issues from the endocarditis. You will have to look whether you qualify to immigrate via one of the immigration programs.

Rhuanrlima

May 17, 2019
Hey, sorry for the late reply, I'm working remotely for a Canadian company which I'm discussing about a visa sponsorship, I'm totally recovered from the stroke and the only medication I use is a blood thinner for the metallic heart valve, and the metallic valve is the most secure valve as it lasts for lifetime. My brother lives in Montreal which is also the city that I'm looking going to apply.