+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Heart broken

sri5529

Sep 3, 2012
today IDP IELTS results are out. To my utter surprise I scored 5.5 in writing. Even my kid could have scored more.After writing the test I felt like score should be 7 or 7.5. I really surprised to see this score. Either the guy who evaluated my paper might have ignored scoring,or ignored the additional paper what I have written for the essay. what happened I really don't know.

I kept all documents ready, just waiting for my IELTS results to go for submission.

With this score, I can not file my documents. Unfortunately next available date for IELTS is July 10th. I wanted to file my documents under 0111. This is most hot role which fills so quickly I guess. So submitting documents at July end by hoping that still the cap will not be filled is like a wildest dream.

So I don't have other option except to quit dreaming about Canada immigration.

Good luck guys who already filed their documents & who all are going to submit in next 10 days.

God bless you all!!!!!

minnesotamrk

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
Med's Done....
19-12-2014
Passport Req..
07-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2015
sri5529 said:
today IDP IELTS results are out. To my utter surprise I scored 5.5 in writing. Even my kid could have scored more.After writing the test I felt like score should be 7 or 7.5. I really surprised to see this score. Either the guy who evaluated my paper might have ignored scoring,or ignored the additional paper what I have written for the essay. what happened I really don't know.

I kept all documents ready, just waiting for my IELTS results to go for submission.

With this score, I can not file my documents. Unfortunately next available date for IELTS is July 10th. I wanted to file my documents under 0111. This is most hot role which fills so quickly I guess. So submitting documents at July end by hoping that still the cap will not be filled is like a wildest dream.

So I don't have other option except to quit dreaming about Canada immigration.

Good luck guys who already filed their documents & who all are going to submit in next 10 days.

God bless you all!!!!!
I'm sorry about your IELTS test score. You do have an option to request re-marking (2nd evaluation)of your test for a fee. http://www.ielts-blog.com/1/disappointed-by-your-ielts-result/

Another option is to retake the test from a different city/location, if you can do that. All the best.

sri5529

Sep 3, 2012
Thank you dear for your kind words. I am thinking of going for 2nd evaluation. But my question is , they will announce the results in between 6 to 8 weeks (IDP team) from the date of receipt of my fee. In that case even if I score more, that will be too late. isn't it?

I looked into other cities as well. No center is available earlier than July 10th.

Thanks once again.

cherishlady

May 26, 2014
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06/11/2015 Quebec - 11/07/2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
waiting
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
IELTS Request
overall 7.5 also sent tefaq
File Transfer...
12/12/2016
Med's Request
22/12/2016
Med's Done....
23/12/2016
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
06-05-2017
I am so sorry to hear about that it is really frustrating. When I finished my IELTS test I also felt confident about writing (thought 7.5) and not so confident about reading or listening (I thought 6.5) . In the end I got my lowest score on writing 6.5 and better score on the other skills. I happens to a lot of candidates, in my case I know the structure I even took a composition and rethoric class and I guess it is grade in a very strict way.

Anyway, don´t loose your hopes, you may get the new results quickly. Good luck and god bless!

ajayrampal

Star Member
Feb 9, 2013
Phagwara
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/05/2014
IELTS Request
S-8 R-8 L-9 W-6.5
File Transfer...
Wife's File Added 21/02/2015
Med's Request
02/12/2014
Med's Done....
10/12/2014 - 02/04/2015 (Wife's)
Passport Req..
27/02/2015 ...... DM - 20.05.2015 (Wife's PPR: 29/June/2015)
VISA ISSUED...
02/06/2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
I am sorry to hear that, sometimes we are so close to our dreams but a small stone turns out to be big hurdle. I will not recommend you to lose all hopes. Practically speaking, you have two alternatives now:

1.) First, apply for a similar NOC's (such as 1111. 1112. 1113. 1114. or 1212) - All you have to do is edit your responsibilities and am sure you will be fine. I am also hoping that these categories (especially 1114) will not be very hot.

2.) or, If you want to stick with 0111, then get your best results in IELTS next time (i.e. try to score maximum points that will boost your overall score) and then try in Express Entry which is going to open in Jan 2015. Remember 2015 - Express Entry is not first come first serve basis, so more points you have, more priority will be given to your application. For instance, if a candidate scores 68, his application will be considered before the one scoring 67.

Do plan everything accordingly and as we say in India : There can be delays in God's home but never denials. So don't lose hopes and be in high spirits. I am sure that when you cross this stone, it will become milestone in future.

Cheers,
Ajay

S4F

Star Member
Jun 5, 2013
I got my IELTS result today. All I can say is, I was saved by the skin of my ass. A 0.5 less and it would have been the end of the road for me. But thankfully I have passed. My spoken section was terrible. Mainly because I had no idea what to say on the given topic and was caught completely off guard. I thought i'd not even get a 5.0 on speaking.

sri5529

Sep 3, 2012
cherishlady said:
I am so sorry to hear about that it is really frustrating. When I finished my IELTS test I also felt confident about writing (thought 7.5) and not so confident about reading or listening (I thought 6.5) . In the end I got my lowest score on writing 6.5 and better score on the other skills. I happens to a lot of candidates, in my case I know the structure I even took a composition and rethoric class and I guess it is grade in a very strict way.

Anyway, don´t loose your hopes, you may get the new results quickly. Good luck and god bless!
Thank you for your kind words.

sri5529

Sep 3, 2012
ajayrampal said:
I am sorry to hear that, sometimes we are so close to our dreams but a small stone turns out to be big hurdle. I will not recommend you to lose all hopes. Practically speaking, you have two alternatives now:

1.) First, apply for a similar NOC's (such as 1111. 1112. 1113. 1114. or 1212) - All you have to do is edit your responsibilities and am sure you will be fine. I am also hoping that these categories (especially 1114) will not be very hot.

2.) or, If you want to stick with 0111, then get your best results in IELTS next time (i.e. try to score maximum points that will boost your overall score) and then try in Express Entry which is going to open in Jan 2015. Remember 2015 - Express Entry is not first come first serve basis, so more points you have, more priority will be given to your application. For instance, if a candidate scores 68, his application will be considered before the one scoring 67.

Do plan everything accordingly and as we say in India : There can be delays in God's home but never denials. So don't lose hopes and be in high spirits. I am sure that when you cross this stone, it will become milestone in future.

Cheers,
Ajay
Thanks Ajay for giving these options. First let me come out from this sarrow mood & think what options I can choose.

It so hard to digest the fact that when you are ready with everything, just one step a way from your goal successful submission,these hurdles will make you down completely.

It's a lesson learnt in life.

regards,
Sri