+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hearing

Ulkar025

Dec 12, 2020
Hi. I will have hearing in March. I had minister intervention in december. What do you advice me. It is interesting they send date 3 month before.

Fionaha

Dec 14, 2020
Hi everyone, just want to share my experience. I landed and applied in April 2018. I had my hearing on February 1st, 2021(yesterday), it was a virtual hearing. Board member gave her decision same day. It lasted for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, we took a break and she came back to read her decision to us(my lawyer and I)

Best of luck to everyone still waiting.

Ulkar025

Dec 12, 2020
Hi everyone, just want to share my experience. I landed and applied in April 2018. I had my hearing on February 1st, 2021(yesterday), it was a virtual hearing. Board member gave her decision same day. It lasted for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, we took a break and she came back to read her decision to us(my lawyer and I)

Congratulations. Mine is next month. They just called my lawyer and said the date. When will i get the letter of hearing date?

Refuge

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017

Congratulations

can you please confirm when you received invitation/Link what duration was mentioned there 30 minutes?

I got my link and it says 12:45 to 15:45.
TIA

Fionaha

Dec 14, 2020
Congratulations

can you please confirm when you received invitation/Link what duration was mentioned there 30 minutes?

TIA
Thank you! I can't recall seeing any duration on my letter. It only stated the time it would start.

Regarding the invitation link, my lawyer didn't share it with me. We had it in my lawyer's office. Though I've always known that 3 hours is the expected duration, it now depends on how your hearing goes.

All the best to you.

Reactions: Refuge

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
Congratulations

TIA
it depends on the judge but be prepared for 3 hours as recently my friend hearing last for full 3 hours and the judge wasn't satisfied so call for another hearing next week and his both hearing last 3 hours or more and at the end she replied will update you about the decision on mail imagine 6+ hours hearing and still not clear

Reactions: Refuge

Swagzzy

Jan 28, 2020

Hi all, I had my hearing three weeks ago, it took about an hour and a half in all. There were four trainee members but they did ask any questions. It was virtual. After the session, my lawyer asked me few questions and made some submission. Member said she will communicate her decision.
Lawyer said I performed wonderfully that the particular member never gave decision on the desk. He said nothing to worry about that the decision will come in about a month or two months but I’m worried.
Lawyer said I answered all questions satisfactorily and he is ok that he is 90% sure that decision will be positive but I’m worried as I’m still waiting for decision.

Fionaha

Dec 14, 2020
Hi all, I had my hearing three weeks ago, it took about an hour and a half in all. There were four trainee members but they did ask any questions. It was virtual. After the session, my lawyer asked me few questions and made some submission. Member said she will communicate her decision.
Lawyer said I performed wonderfully that the particular member never gave decision on the desk. He said nothing to worry about that the decision will come in about a month or two months but I’m worried.
Lawyer said I answered all questions satisfactorily and he is ok that he is 90% sure that decision will be positive but I’m worried as I’m still waiting for decision.
My advice is that you should be hopeful. It is normal to be worried as you haven't yet seen your decision. Try to distract yourself and stay positive.

Reactions: Swagzzy and Refuge

Swagzzy

Jan 28, 2020
My advice is that you should be hopeful. It is normal to be worried as you haven't yet seen your decision. Try to distract yourself and stay positive.
Thanks for the advice. I’m trying the best I can. But honestly, anticipation and anxiety can be very killing.

Refuge

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017
Dear Seniors

i need your help today i was scheduled for virtual hearing and before 1 hour i got another email that its has been cancelled with no reason.

can you please give your input what it could be?

TIA