+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hearing with Citizenship Officer

Nightrider

Feb 9, 2014
Dear fellow Members,

My wife failed the language proficiency test during the interview.
She has a hearing with citizenship officer after one month.

Could any one please suggest that what will be asked and how should she prepare for this hearing ?

Thanks,

hgn

Feb 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did they specifically say in what aspect of the language proficiency?

-reading?
-writing?
-comprehension?

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
Nightrider said:
Dear fellow Members,

My wife failed the language proficiency test during the interview.
She has a hearing with citizenship officer after one month.

Could any one please suggest that what will be asked and how should she prepare for this hearing ?

Thanks,
Did she pass the test? If not, will have to take the test and will be oral one (no multiple choices)
If passed the test there will be a conversation like interview, maybe given some practical reading/writing tests. Its had to guess and it will depend the officer how hard will be with her.
Unfortunately that what is called adequate knowledge of one of the official languages of Canada is a requirement for Citizenship, so basically she should practice english or french.

my_love143

Apr 12, 2015
Hi, did your wife do the test again?? and did she passed the written test before?
I am in the same situation, i passed the written test but need to do the interview again. Can anyone tell me what will happen during the hearing? is it just simply an interview? and i dont need to study anything about the knowledge of Canada again right??

janoo

May 16, 2014
Hi... if any one fail the test the officer call and interview verbally to check
the english knowledge very simple test if someone know english speak , talk, communication
than pass and proceed to next step... now there will be a second chance as well.

so hope anyone fail will pass...