+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hearing TimeLine

Norijal

Oct 20, 2021
Update : so I called IRB about my case and told them the things I mentioned above, they were so professional with me and they told me that my case was kinda left out because of all the delays due to Covid and everything. They asked me if I was ready for a hearing and checked if I had the same address and lawyer as before, and they suggested I write a letter where I explain to them why I am ready and think it s time to have a hearing. They also mentioned that I can include in the letter the availabilities of my lawyer so they can schedule a day that suits my lawyer and them as well. So I called my lawyer and he told me he can't really tell me when he's available, he's got too many cases on hand right now, and it's a confidential information that he cannot give me. What do you think guys, was my case left out because my lawyer didn't do his job of following it regularly, should I write the letter without mentioning my lawyer's availabilities and let IRB handle the rest (like communicate with my lawyer to fix a date ?). I don't know if changing my lawyer is a good idea, what if the other lawyer I get is as busy as him. To be honest guys, I am kind of lost here, any advices please?

What i observed ,hearing date very much depends upon your lawyer .sometime IRB asks lawyers for availability and lawyer prioritize others on you ..so if you wana get your hearing pay some fees to your lawyer then he will be like “Colgate”..

1000/1500$ are enough for your existing lawyer instead of finding new one.

Reactions: zak86

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
What i observed ,hearing date very much depends upon your lawyer .sometime IRB asks lawyers for availability and lawyer prioritize others on you ..so if you wana get your hearing pay some fees to your lawyer then he will be like “Colgate”..

1000/1500$ are enough for your existing lawyer instead of finding new one.
If you received legal aid for your legal fee, paying out of pocket need to be declared on the declaration form. Most lawyer will do under the table, and wont make that as official. Yes, IRB will reach out to your lawyer first to schedule hearing, so lawyer plays big part.