+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HEARING DATE

Yaad23

Jan 10, 2023
Just be patient and wait, there is no specific time to have a hearing. Some wait 2 years but it only took me 5 months so relax and wait
Did they send you a mail saying " your claim is ready to heard"? If so how many days before hearing determination date was it? And how did you know about your hearing...mail, email or ?

hervet

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
Did they send you a mail saying " your claim is ready to heard"? If so how many days before hearing determination date was it? And how did you know about your hearing...mail, email or ?
No they only called me last Friday and asked me to choose a date between March and April , I told them March and they said the letter is already in the post it will arrive in a week. So I’m not familiar with your situation

Yaad23

Jan 10, 2023
No they only called me last Friday and asked me to choose a date between March and April , I told them March and they said the letter is already in the post it will arrive in a week. So I’m not familiar with your situation
Actually the process is different for everyone. Thank you for information.

Yaad23

Jan 10, 2023
You could hear about an appointment soon or it could take many months.There is quite a lot of variability in when people get hearings. For regular cases hearings usually happen 1-2.5 years after you apply. All you can really do at this time is wait and while waiting hopefully work, improve your language skills if necessary, try to get involved in your city, etc.
Hi, I got a mail saying my case is considered less complex and that i should submit my supporting documents in 15 days. How long might it take for decision? I know its different for everyone, but based on your experience?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, I got a mail saying my case is considered less complex and that i should submit my supporting documents in 15 days. How long might it take for decision? I know its different for everyone, but based on your experience?
After submitting your supporting documents your case will be reviewed to determine whether it still falls under the less complex category. If it does it could take anywhere from a few months to a year. There does seem to be a push to evaluate cases without a short hearing if possible. I assume this is due to the ever-growing backlog and large increase of asylum seekers entering Canada since 2022. It isn’t clear whether this is a pilot program, whether one particular office is doing this more than others, etc. All you can really do is wait and see.

hervet

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
After submitting your supporting documents your case will be reviewed to determine whether it still falls under the less complex category. If it does it could take anywhere from a few months to a year. There does seem to be a push to evaluate cases without a short hearing if possible. I assume this is due to the ever-growing backlog and large increase of asylum seekers entering Canada since 2022. It isn’t clear whether this is a pilot program, whether one particular office is doing this more than others, etc. All you can really do is wait and see.
My case is less complex with a short hearing and it also says that, considering the proof and basis of claim that I submitted, the president may give his decision without a hearing if the minister does not show interest to attend my hearing in March and the deadline given to the minister to answer is until 10 days prior to my hearing. I admit to be stressed since I don’t have a lawyer but I am confident to me.

Nyathira

Star Member
Nov 17, 2022
Category........
Other
My case is less complex with a short hearing and it also says that, considering the proof and basis of claim that I submitted, the president may give his decision without a hearing if the minister does not show interest to attend my hearing in March and the deadline given to the minister to answer is until 10 days prior to my hearing. I admit to be stressed since I don’t have a lawyer but I am confident to me.
amazing stuff

moref1988

Star Member
Feb 28, 2023
Hello there,

i'm on the file review process right now and im from a country of good approval rate. i will submit my documents nowadays. what would you like to suggest for me?

a file review generally turns short hearing? or is it possible pass without hearing?
is file review process generally a good sign?
how important is country conditions about approval?

thanks advance