+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HEARING DATE

Yaad23

Jan 10, 2023
Hey guys, I received a mail saying that my refugee claim is ready to be scheduled and its virtual. It has been more that 1 month and I still didn't get a hearing date. If there is anyone with any information about how long I should wait approximately to get my hearing date, I would really appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

Yaad23

Jan 10, 2023
What is your city
Iam at Vancouver about 2 month after this letter
I'm in Edmonton but the immigration officer that conducted my eligibility interview told me that my documents will be sent to Vancouver and be processed there

Mansourito10

Sep 27, 2022
Hey guys, I received a mail saying that my refugee claim is ready to be scheduled and its virtual. It has been more that 1 month and I still didn't get a hearing date. If there is anyone with any information about how long I should wait approximately to get my hearing date, I would really appreciate it. Thank you in advance.
Me to 1 months now no news

Mansourito10

Sep 27, 2022
Anny news ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Being ready to be scheduled just means you have joined the waiting list for the city that has been determined to be your hearing location although you can attend virtually. Once you get closer to the bottom of the waiting list then your hearing is booked. When did you apply for asylum and are you considered a less complex case? What are your hearing locations?

Yaad23

Jan 10, 2023
Being ready to be scheduled just means you have joined the waiting list for the city that has been determined to be your hearing location although you can attend virtually. Once you get closer to the bottom of the waiting list then your hearing is booked. When did you apply for asylum and are you considered a less complex case? What are your hearing locations?
Thank you for your brief explanation. I applied 1 year ago from Edmonton, but my case is getting processed in Vancouver. My case isn't considered less complex.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for your brief explanation. I applied 1 year ago from Edmonton, but my case is getting processed in Vancouver. My case isn't considered less complex.
You could hear about an appointment soon or it could take many months.There is quite a lot of variability in when people get hearings. For regular cases hearings usually happen 1-2.5 years after you apply. All you can really do at this time is wait and while waiting hopefully work, improve your language skills if necessary, try to get involved in your city, etc.

Yaad23

Jan 10, 2023
You could hear about an appointment soon or it could take many months.There is quite a lot of variability in when people get hearings. For regular cases hearings usually happen 1-2.5 years after you apply. All you can really do at this time is wait and while waiting hopefully work, improve your language skills if necessary, try to get involved in your city, etc.
Thank you

hervet

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
I’m in Edmonton and came to Canada 5 months ago. I received a date for March. They IRB office in Vancouvert called me to set a date for my final hearing.

hervet

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
Just be patient and wait, there is no specific time to have a hearing. Some wait 2 years but it only took me 5 months so relax and wait