+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hearing Date

ooAbdu

Jul 19, 2022
Hi All,

I'm writing here to ask if there is any chance to speed up the 1st hearing date (Brown Paper)
As of now, we are given an appointment for brown paper by next year, and waiting that long without working/ studying it's too long

Appreciate any advice it can help us to speed up our process

Thanks in advance

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,

I'm writing here to ask if there is any chance to speed up the 1st hearing date (Brown Paper)
As of now, we are given an appointment for brown paper by next year, and waiting that long without working/ studying it's too long

Thanks in advance
No way to speed it up. Just the reality of the current asylum system that is very overwhelmed.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi All,

Thanks in advance
Unfortunately no you can not. Its volume of applications and resources

Reactions: scylla

Hussein B

Sep 18, 2022
the only way to speed it up and it is not guaranteed is thru your lawyer to send them a request explaining your situation and ask for having your hearing as early as possible. i heard this from a friend of mine they reduced it to 3 months after it was 1 year waiting. good luck

Reactions: jinglebell0123

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
the only way to speed it up and it is not guaranteed is thru your lawyer to send them a request explaining your situation and ask for having your hearing as early as possible. i heard this from a friend of mine they reduced it to 3 months after it was 1 year waiting. good luck
There would have to be really exceptional circumstances for you to get an earlier hearing. Many asylum seekers are separated from family or could justify why they should get a faster hearing so that is why you usually can’t ask for an earlier date. In this case there may have been a cancellation and they happened to get an earlier date because of it.

nirjhoroliver

Star Member
Feb 3, 2022
Hi All,

Thanks in advance
This is almost end of THIS year & NEXT year will be within a few months, so there is no way to avoid this waiting I guess. At least 4 months of waiting periods are natural. Wish you can overcome the waiting anxiety. Best of luck.

bedir314

Oct 2, 2022
Hi All,

Thanks in advance
Hey, there is a possibility. If you submit Generic and Schedule Forms ASAP, then your file will be most probably backdated (brought forward). Thanks,

Reactions: nirjhoroliver

Nyathira

Star Member
Nov 17, 2022
Category........
Other
Hi All,

Thanks in advance
any luck with your interview yet

hervet

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
Hi All,

Thanks in advance
Yes it’s possible. I came in Canada in August 2022 and my admissibility hearing was on November 2023. I filled up all the forms on October online via the Canadian refugee protection portail. On November I had a new schedule for admissibility hearing and November 11 my Claim was deferred to IRB and received brown paper. I’m currently waiting for a work permit. Just follow my steps and it will work out for you too.

mafghan

Oct 24, 2022
Yes it’s possible. I came in Canada in August 2022 and my admissibility hearing was on November 2023. I filled up all the forms on October online via the Canadian refugee protection portail. On November I had a new schedule for admissibility hearing and November 11 my Claim was deferred to IRB and received brown paper. I’m currently waiting for a work permit. Just follow my steps and it will work out for you too.
Hi,

Can you please clarify the steps you have taken.

Or is it just filling all the forms on online portal and then just wait for your new hearing date.

Nyathira

Star Member
Nov 17, 2022
Category........
Other
Hi,

Can you please clarify the steps you have taken.

Or is it just filling all the forms on online portal and then just wait for your new hearing date.
Yes you just filed online once you submit everything including the boc they will acknowledge receipt then send you for medicals at specific clinics.
once you pass your medical they call you for the first interview get your passport.
Then second interview for admissibility.
Give you the brown envelope in both occasions.
Then wait for the work permit which they send by mail.
The above process is done in a month or 2 depending on where you file.

wait for the hearing.

jinglebell0123

Jun 4, 2021
Burnaby, Canada
Category........
Other
Yes you just filed online once you submit everything including the boc they will acknowledge receipt then send you for medicals at specific clinics.
once you pass your medical they call you for the first interview get your passport.
Then second interview for admissibility.
Give you the brown envelope in both occasions.
Then wait for the work permit which they send by mail.
The above process is done in a month or 2 depending on where you file.

wait for the hearing.
All of these steps for me took around 11 months. I submitted online as well.