+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hearing Cancelled

Baaz

Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

Q.1 My hearing was cancelled 3 week ago, they mentioned that hearing official is not available. It's been a month I hear nothing from them.everyday i woke up without any hope.I feel exhausted and stressed. Please help me.

Q.2 I have applied for work permit as my lawyer said I am eligible for work permit. I have sent my all documents by express post. How long it will take to get work permit and how much chances do i have to get it ?
Please suggest!
Warm Regards.

Ameeroov

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Mississauga
Hello,

Q.1 My hearing was cancelled 3 week ago, they mentioned that hearing official is not available. It's been a month I hear nothing from them.everyday i woke up without any hope.I feel exhausted and stressed. Please help me.

Q.2 I have applied for work permit as my lawyer said I am eligible for work permit. I have sent my all documents by express post. How long it will take to get work permit and how much chances do i have to get it ?
Please suggest!
Warm Regards.
4 months ,, dude 1 month is nothing I'v been waiting since February also nothin :(

SAMER MAHER

Jan 8, 2017
You should have applied online for WP then you can have it within 2 months... now you need to wait up to 5 months as yours was paper based... for your hearing..join the club as you have sent to the black hole just like me

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I don't want to sound rude but unfortunately the number of people who have crossed the border on foot has skyrocketed this year and have put extreme pressure on resources that were pretty tight to begin with. We are seeing most refugee organizations, legal aid, etc run out of funding. Unfortunately you will be given an initial hearing appointment but most will be rescheduled at least one. It is best to expect that it will be rescheduled to avoid disappointment.

Reactions: carolbb23

Nick_150

Star Member
Jun 4, 2017
4 months ,, dude 1 month is nothing I'v been waiting since February also nothin :(
Dude ! 4 months is nothing ! been waiting for over 5 years .

Stressed after one month waiting ? That is a joke ! Imagine those 6000 claims that been waiting for over 5 years how they feel.

Sally8376

Jun 20, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I was scheduled for the first week of June, but it was postponed. The worse point rather than being postponed is not having an other (exact) scheluled date.

In my letter it says;
- For administrative reasons, your hearing is postponed to an undetermined date
- We assure you to reschedule your hearing as soon as possible

And, I learned from my lawyer that the main reason is "my security check is not in yet".

I have some questions to all, please;
1. Is there anyone in the same position?
2. Do you have any idea about the possible reschedule date? What do they mean by saying "as soon as possible" regarding rescheduling?
3. In Nohaabdullah's post, he says he had an rescheduled date on Oct 5th 2017, which is not bad. Isn't it weird that it is not written such a new date, instead "as soon as possible?

Regards,

Sally