+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hearing at the Landlord and Tenant Board

tammy_z

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
I am currently renting a house in Ontario and my landlord gave me an N12 form claiming that he will move in the house. I do not think his intention is true due to a series of previous events. I have been paying my rent on time every month and never had an issues as a tenant.

I did not agree to move out and therefore he said that he will be filing an application at the Landlord and Tenant Board. I read online that the next step will be a hearing.
As I am new to Canada and I am not very familiar with the system, can this ever become an issue when I am applying for citizenship as I understand that the landlord and tenant board hearing is similar to a legal court case?

Thank you

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am currently renting a house in Ontario and my landlord gave me an N12 form claiming that he will move in the house. I do not think his intention is true due to a series of previous events. I have been paying my rent on time every month and never had an issues as a tenant.

I did not agree to move out and therefore he said that he will be filing an application at the Landlord and Tenant Board. I read online that the next step will be a hearing.
As I am new to Canada and I am not very familiar with the system, can this ever become an issue when I am applying for citizenship as I understand that the landlord and tenant board hearing is similar to a legal court case?

Thank you
No impact on citizenship.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013

Thank you
No impact at all on your immigration or citizenship status.

The Landlord and Tenant Board hearings are relatively casual, and you don't need a lawyer at all.