+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Health Service Coverage Refusal Due To Employment Location On PGWP

wing11

Apr 6, 2020
Hi, I on my PGWP, at employment location it is printed B.C, while at my classmates' it is all 'unknown'. After graduating from B.C I moved to Alberta for working. Now AB refused my Health Service application due to this mistake, they advised to contact IRRC to fix this but I do not know where can I start from IRRC website. Found it link :

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend/after-apply.html

However, this is not for PGWP, tried to call IRRC but cannot catch up an agent.

Any help for this case appreciated, thanks

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi, I on my PGWP, at employment location it is printed B.C, while at my classmates' it is all 'unknown'. After graduating from B.C I moved to Alberta for working. Now AB refused my Health Service application due to this mistake, they advised to contact IRRC to fix this but I do not know where can I start from IRRC website. Found it link :

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend/after-apply.html

However, this is not for PGWP, tried to call IRRC but cannot catch up an agent.

Any help for this case appreciated, thanks
Every case is different, if a condition is written on your permit or Visa have to follow that. Why a mistake? Did IRCC sent you a letter correcting this before you changed from BC to Alberta?

wing11

Apr 6, 2020
Every case is different, if a condition is written on your permit or Visa have to follow that. Why a mistake? Did IRCC sent you a letter correcting this before you changed from BC to Alberta?
It is a mistake because the PGWP does not bind Employment Location, it should be 'unknown' there. I checked many PGWP of my friends and all got 'unknown', except mine is BC

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
It is a mistake because the PGWP does not bind Employment Location, it should be 'unknown' there. I checked many PGWP of my friends and all got 'unknown', except mine is BC
Ok fair enough. But you need to get it corrected before taking a step of moving out of province and not after it, so go ahead.

wing11

Apr 6, 2020
Ok fair enough. But you need to get it corrected before taking a step of moving out of province and not after it, so go ahead.
I do not realized that until I got refusal of AB Health Service and also do not know PGWP should have 'unknown' filled there. Then I borrowed my classmates' PGWP and realized it. I just submit a web form and wait. No idea what to do except for this