+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Health issue query

becool773

Apr 11, 2021
Hi,

I am 31 M, self employed. Took a decision to immigrate to Canada about 4 months back. I had no health issues whatsoever but about 2 months back I was diagnosed with Bicuspid aortic valve. It is a defect by birth in which one valve is there in the heart instead of 3 and with time that gets calcified. Doctors have advised valve replacement but that would leave a permanent scar and what not. They can delay the surgery but then the number of medicines would increase. Even after the surgery I would have to take few medicines like aspirin etc. for life. Now my question is if I go for surgery then will it cause any issue once I jump the immigration train at any point of time? I don't want to live in any false hopes and then see my dream burn down to the ground.

Thanks

Dharmikdonda111

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
Hi,

I am 31 M, self employed. Took a decision to immigrate to Canada about 4 months back. I had no health issues whatsoever but about 2 months back I was diagnosed with Bicuspid aortic valve. It is a defect by birth in which one valve is there in the heart instead of 3 and with time that gets calcified. Doctors have advised valve replacement but that would leave a permanent scar and what not. They can delay the surgery but then the number of medicines would increase. Even after the surgery I would have to take few medicines like aspirin etc. for life. Now my question is if I go for surgery then will it cause any issue once I jump the immigration train at any point of time? I don't want to live in any false hopes and then see my dream burn down to the ground.

Thanks
I did my Medical. I am healthy person. But they told my heart rate is not normal was 138 per minute as per ecg
Will that cause my visa Rejection ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

Thanks
Impossible to say without knowing whether you'd need future treatment.

Reactions: becool773

becool773

Apr 11, 2021
@Everyone
I mentioned it wrongly in the initial post and I am not able to edit it now. There are 4 valves in the heart. In Bicuspid aortic valve, the aortic valve has 2 leaflets instead of the normal 3. Apologies. The only way to correct it is by replacing that valve.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@Everyone
I mentioned it wrongly in the initial post and I am not able to edit it now. There are 4 valves in the heart. In Bicuspid aortic valve, the aortic valve has 2 leaflets instead of the normal 3. Apologies. The only way to correct it is by replacing that valve.
@canuck78 @Aliston
Hi,

Got my valve replaced. Visited few consultants. Some are saying that it will cause rejection while others are saying that it won't. Should I try? I am 32 now.

@Aliston
I had a bicuspid aortic valve. Here is more information about it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicuspid_aortic_valve I am on anti coagulants for the rest of my life. I am not getting any clarity whether this will cause rejection or not?

Thanks
Shouldn’t be an issue if you don’t require further treatment.

becool773

Apr 11, 2021
Shouldn’t be an issue if you don’t require further treatment.
Further valve replacement "might" be required after 10-15 years or maybe earlier. They usually say that the life of a mechanical valve is about 10-15 years but ultimately it all depends upon one's body.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Further valve replacement "might" be required after 10-15 years or maybe earlier. They usually say that the life of a mechanical valve is about 10-15 years but ultimately it all depends upon one's body.
That could be an issue. Not sure what the cost of a valve replacement is but I assume pretty expensive.