+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Health insurance

blackflame96

Jul 25, 2021
I opted out of the health insurance that my university provides since I did my first term Fall 2021 online. I'm planning to travel on 19th November to Canada from India. My health insurance for the next term starts on 10th Dec.
1. Is it mandatory to show proof of health insurance at the port of entry?
2. Can i get a health insurance from 19Nov to 10 Dec?

milon45

Star Member
Jul 10, 2023
I opted out of the health insurance that my university provides since I did my first term Fall 2021 online. I'm planning to travel on 19th November to Canada from India. My health insurance for the next term starts on 10th Dec.
1. Is it mandatory to show proof of Medicaid Florida health insurance at the port of entry?
2. Can i get a health insurance from 19Nov to 10 Dec?
When traveling to Canada, it is typically mandatory to have proof of adequate health insurance coverage, and this requirement is not related to your university's insurance policy. Here are the answers to your questions:

1. Is it mandatory to show proof of health insurance at the port of entry? Yes, it is mandatory to have proof of adequate health insurance when entering Canada as a visitor. This requirement is in place to ensure that visitors have access to healthcare services in case of illness or injury during their stay. You may be asked to provide proof of coverage when you arrive in Canada. If you do not have this proof, you may be required to purchase insurance at the port of entry, which can be costly.
  2. Can you get health insurance from 19th Nov to 10th Dec? Yes, you can typically purchase short-term travel health insurance for the period of your stay in Canada, from 19th November to 10th December. Many insurance providers offer such policies for travelers. You should contact an insurance provider or use online resources to compare and purchase a short-term health insurance policy that meets the requirements for your stay in Canada.
Be sure to carefully review the terms, coverage, and any exclusions of the insurance policy you choose to ensure that it provides adequate coverage for your needs while in Canada. It's essential to have the necessary documentation and insurance coverage in place before your travel date to avoid any issues at the port of entry.