+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Health insurance like OHIP

b4e7

Aug 2, 2012
I can't renew my OHIP, and now my family we stay whithout OHIP. Do you know any company and/or insurance like OHIP?

health insurance card will cover the following things:

-hospital care

-treatment and examinations performed by your family doctor

-many types of surgery

-many types of laboratory tests

-almost all immunizations

-X-rays

I hope you help me.

Regards.

thisdj1

Star Member
Jan 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 13th 2012
Med's Done....
FEB 2012
hi why cant you renew your OHIP? you can get ohip but it will take 3 months

are you in canada? if you are not in canada yet them maybe you can do travel insurance this will cover you for everything

just say you are visting

b4e7

Aug 2, 2012
We are in Ontario, Canada. Immigration refused my extension open work permit and now I'm applying for restoration as a visitor. My wife has a PGWP but she looking a job. And my Daughter has a visitor status. Do You believe my wife and my daughter can renew their OHIP without full-time job?.

thisdj1

Star Member
Jan 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 13th 2012
Med's Done....
FEB 2012
hi i dont see why they cant you should try! I am also renewing mine after 20 years I went to the health office and they gave me a new form to fill out and i have to go back with a proof of address but the date on it has to be the date i arrived or after so I am using a bank statement, passport and also a SIN number which you can also obtain if your are a canadian citizen

b4e7

Aug 2, 2012
That's right!, but I lost my full-time because my open work permit was refused. And when you are temporary resident you need proof of full-time employment for a minimum of six months. We are temporary resident since August 2009, and I worked 2 years and 7 months, but now we can't renew...

thisdj1

Star Member
Jan 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 13th 2012
Med's Done....
FEB 2012
oh sorry i cant help you on that I am not sure ! but maybe you can do travel insurance i have this at the moment to cover me until i get my health cover which takes 3 months

thisdj1

Star Member
Jan 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 13th 2012
Med's Done....
FEB 2012
just look online for travel insurance but dont tell them you are living here just say you are travelling to canada maybe that might be ok
but wont hurt to try