+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Health insurance dependent for entry into Canada.

ivanoviski

Jun 14, 2016
To whom it may concern,
Hi, my name is Ivan and me and my wife are both moving to Canada with an Work and Travel Visa for an experience abroad. We both decided to get our own independent visas as we work on different fields and thought it could be easier to be accepted on our own merits, than with a partner.
However, seeing that part of the requirements upon entry is a valid international health insurance, including repatriation, among other criteria, are very expensive. Would it be possible for the health insurance to be done with a main insured person and the dependent as the spouse, or, since we applied for our visas separately, does our health insurance also require us to have it individually? The coverage of most health insurances seem to be the same, regardless if you are the main client or the dependent.
Help on this matter would be greatly appreciated, as it seems to be just a fraction of the cost to add a partner to an insurance, but of course double if done individually.
In addition to this, are there some suggestions on which insurances might be preferred? Just to help on my search? Thank you.
Thank you for your time,
Best regards,
ivan