+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Health Insurance Can Purchase?

aaaa1111

Mar 31, 2017
Hello.

My wife is American and is in Canada now. In process of doing PR application. Was wondering if anyone can recommend, or has had any experience, with private health insurance for non-residents (visitors to Canada) that can be purchased now (like Blue Cross) while she is in Canada.

Thanks.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello.

My wife is American and is in Canada now. In process of doing PR application. Was wondering if anyone can recommend, or has had any experience, with private health insurance for non-residents (visitors to Canada) that can be purchased now (like Blue Cross) while she is in Canada.

Thanks.
A number of insurance companies offer visitors insurance. Google is probably the best place to start. We used Manulife.

s3nr1

Star Member
May 11, 2013
I've used Alianz but not sure if they're the best. I had an infection last year, they had me call them every time I need to see a doctor. The doctor didn't give me anything first visit because it looked viral and told me to wait, second visit was a swab, and so on, Allianz didn't like that. They seem to be keen on fast resolution with limited follow up visit, if any.

I have yet to work for 6 months in order to get my OHIP, I will need to renew or change health insurance.

DId you ever had to use your insurance from Manulife? Did you go through similar hoops?

Last edited: