+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Health Concern!!

Papppooo

Aug 15, 2019
Hey folks!!
Hope u all doing great..
I wanna ask something regarding medical clearance before leaving for Canada.
I m going to apply for student visa soon and my husband will joining me there as well .
But unfortunately last year he was diagnose with chronic kidney disease stage 2.
Now his condition is stable by the grace of God. He is only taking blood pressure meds once in a day and fish oil supplements nothing else.
He is in good health except this diagnosis. Can any tell if we will discuss his disease with medical staff what will be the circumstances after disclosing his condition. Will we ge the medical approval or we will face the visa rejection ( God forbid)??
Please anyone share their experiences who were in the same scenario and get the visa approval easily.
Thanks..
Best wishes
Bye.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
You will have to tell the doctor about his medical history. Don't try and conceal things, that's a good way to get a ban. Remember that the doctor is very used to people downplaying their condition and knows what questions to ask.

I'm not a doctor, but his condition doesn't sound too serious (based on a quick Google search - I'm not a doctor). I can tell you the three reasons for medical rejection

1. It will cost more than $20,000 a year to treat
2. It is highly contagious and is a danger to public health
3. The condition makes you a danger to public safety (mental issues etc).

If you don't fall under these three, you are not going to get rejected for medical reasons.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Students don’t qualify for the same excessive demand requirements. It will depend on the province you are applying to. At the moment the kidney disease is still at stage 2 so you will likely be ok. Should the kidney disease worsen PR may not be possible. You should know this before spending money on international fees.

Reactions: frechie