+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Health card issue

Masterbigpang

Oct 1, 2018
Hi there,

I have some urgent questions to ask.

I am a newcomer landed recently. I got a job currently in Montreal and my wife got a job in Toronto...I will stay at Montreal during weekday, while I will stay at Toronto during the weekend. Should I file my health card in Montreal as I might spend longer time there...

Thank you!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi there,

I have some urgent questions to ask.

I am a newcomer landed recently. I got a job currently in Montreal and my wife got a job in Toronto...I will stay at Montreal during weekday, while I will stay at Toronto during the weekend. Should I file my health card in Montreal as I might spend longer time there...

Thank you!
Yes you should apply for a healthcard in Quebec if you meet the residency requirementsl If you only spend weekends in Toronto you will not meet the residency requirements to get OHIP.

Reactions: Masterbigpang

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Thank you!
Just keep in mind, some healthcare providers outside Quebec do not accept the Quebec Healthcare card for services rendered. You pay and submit the bill to Quebec .
I remember going to a walkin clinic in Alberta. The receptionist said they accept all provincial healthcare cards EXCEPT Quebec
She said sometimes Quebec Heath never reimbursed

Masterbigpang

Oct 1, 2018
Just keep in mind, some healthcare providers outside Quebec do not accept the Quebec Healthcare card for services rendered. You pay and submit the bill to Quebec .
I remember going to a walkin clinic in Alberta. The receptionist said they accept all provincial healthcare cards EXCEPT Quebec
She said sometimes Quebec Heath never reimbursed
Thank you so much for letting me know!