+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

health card expiry while citizen app is in progress

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

Since health card expiry is linked to PR card expiry, I wonder how to extend health card expiry, or renew, when your citizenship app along with PR app is in progress. Also, specifically when covid has impacted the timelines.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

tankala13

Feb 22, 2012
Hi all,

Since health card expiry is linked to PR card expiry, I wonder how to extend health card expiry, or renew, when your citizenship app along with PR app is in progress. Also, specifically when covid has impacted the timelines.

Is it? Which province? In Manitoba once you become a PR there is no end date on your health card.

satya10

Nov 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,
I too have this question, is the health card need to be valid until the citizenship application processing completes and Oath ceremony.

Please share the thoughts.

myscanada

Star Member
Sep 7, 2018
You still need to have a valid health card as proof of identification, but if it expires mid way just renew it, normally, have both cards the expired one and the new one at hand,

take it with you at the interview, just in case the office asks

hope this helps

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You still need to have a valid health card as proof of identification, but if it expires mid way just renew it, normally, have both cards the expired one and the new one at hand,

take it with you at the interview, just in case the office asks

hope this helps
For renewal, they either check pr card or Canadian passport. But it both are in process then how to renew it?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

For renewal, they either check pr card or Canadian passport. But it both are in process then how to renew it?

1. I find it extremely odd that you have both a PR and Citizenship application pending at the same time. You can't apply for citizenship if you aren't a PR.

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

1. I find it extremely odd that you have both a PR and Citizenship application pending at the same time. You can't apply for citizenship if you aren't a PR.
Good question, citizenship apps in progress and pr renewal in progress too since it was expiring...

masood8

Oct 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-01-2011
Doc's Request.
20-03-2011
IELTS Request
Along File
Med's Request
05-11-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 05-10-2014 & PPR2 17-11-2014 (Submitted: 18-02-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
29-June-2015
Hi all,

Which province you are talking about? What I know Health card is not linked to PR card
Every province have a different requirement like one must prove to be living in that province for a set period of time ( like 3 or 6 months et ) in order to renew a health card.

rajibsam

Jul 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My PR expires in 2021, health card expires in 2023 (Ontario). Citizenship in progress. Don’t think pr and health card are linked. In case they ask for, show the pr card which you have along with any proof of renewal application.

Moe2010

Star Member
Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
Doc's Request.
Feb 2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
Sep 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Feb 2015
Med's Done....
March 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April 2015
They are two different things - not related.

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Hi all,

in Quebec, in order to renew the heald card, you have to demonstrate you have lived more tha 6 months in each year.
bank statements, credit card statements, employer letter.
we dont need the PR Card.

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Hi

PR does not expire, PR Card does. it does not mean we loose Permanent Residency.

visa_4all

Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dont worry much. If it is valid when you submitted the app, then it will be fine.