+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Healh card problem without meeting pr obligation

shahhemin66

Nov 2, 2012
Hi all,

I have a Manitoba health which was issued in a year 2010 and PR is going to expire in the month of October this year without meeting PR requirements in 5 the period of 5 years and i am in my home country.so basically the issue is this time i am planning to move in Ontario.is there any related issue regarding health card and PR?

Will they issue new ontario's health card even though my PR is going to expire or might create some problem???

THanks...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ON has a 3 month waiting period for new residents but you shouldn't have a problem if your PR card is still valid when you apply.

shahhemin66

Nov 2, 2012
Thanks alot for your reply LEON.That means alot to me.

but what happens when you are planning to migrate to a diffrent province after 3.5 year and i have been to two diffrence province after leaving manitoba in a period of 3.5 years.

so would love to know if you manage to answer few of my question :

1.i did alot research regarding this issue and i found that i have to be physically present in ontario for 153 days then after i am eligible for ontario health insurance.

2.if this seem true than what after 153 days i will have no valid status of permament residency.so will this be a serious issue for me ?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are reading this wrong. You need to be in ON for 3 months before you can get a health card. You can apply for it earlier when you have proof that you live in ON such as rental contract, utility bills etc. but you will not get the card until 3 months.

However, in order to qualify to be insured under OHIP, you must spend at least 153 days a year in ON and right after you move to ON, you must spend 153 days in the first 6 months. That means that you could spend 3 months, get a health card but if you leave again and do not fulfill 153 days, you lose your eligibility again and have to apply again and do the 3 month waiting period again.

Many people would then ask how OHIP would know that you left. The answer is that they might not but they might find out and then you have a problem.

shahhemin66 said:
Thanks alot for your reply LEON.That means alot to me.

but what happens when you are planning to migrate to a diffrent province after 3.5 year and i have been to two diffrence province after leaving manitoba in a period of 3.5 years.

so would love to know if you manage to answer few of my question :

1.i did alot research regarding this issue and i found that i have to be physically present in ontario for 153 days then after i am eligible for ontario health insurance.

2.if this seem true than what after 153 days i will have no valid status of permament residency.so will this be a serious issue for me ?