+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Heading back to Canada

anjun

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
HI everyone
I need some advice. I am a born Canadian citizen raised in Toronto. I left the country in 2012 after I got married. I sponsored my husband and he did his landing in 2014. Now after 2 1/2 years of working in KSA we have decided its time to head back and get settled. We have been reading and researching on Toronto, Edmonton and Calgary. My husband is in the corporate banking field and has been for the last 10 years. What city would be best for us to come back too in order to find more opportunities in this field. Our son will be 4 in April so he will be starting Junior kindergarten in the fall of next year.
Any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you've done your research, then I'm sure you know that Canada's big five banks are headquartered in Toronto. So that would be one obvious choice.

NetMecca

Dec 12, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
14-07-2009
Vancouver is always a good choice, just by virtue of the weather. Might be worth looking a job boards as a measure. You could probably already start applying for jobs if you have a time line. See where the interviews show up.

Good luck

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
anjun said:
HI everyone
I need some advice. I am a born Canadian citizen raised in Toronto. I left the country in 2012 after I got married. I sponsored my husband and he did his landing in 2014. Now after 2 1/2 years of working in KSA we have decided its time to head back and get settled. We have been reading and researching on Toronto, Edmonton and Calgary. My husband is in the corporate banking field and has been for the last 10 years. What city would be best for us to come back too in order to find more opportunities in this field. Our son will be 4 in April so he will be starting Junior kindergarten in the fall of next year.

Thanks.
As Scylla said, Toronto would be an ideal location to find a good banking job for your husband commensurate with his experience. Before coming back, he can definitely approach prospective employers by submitting a well drafted CV (tailor made for Canadian employers). Keep it in mind that getting a good banking job in Toronto is way too hard....so patient is much essential to avoid frustration.

Good luck!

Hasan

Alexand

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Toronto Ontario Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anjun said:
HI everyone

Thanks.

I say you should ask your husband to register with one of the pre-arrival immigrant services. Start with NextStopCanada.ca to get overall information for the entire family, they will refer your husband to a employment pre-arrival program to help him find a job before you move back to Canada. Competition is high and this way you arrive prepared.

The only reason I mention to ask you husband to register, is because I understand he is a permanent resident and these CIC funded programs are created for immigrants who are outside of Canada only.

I hope you find them helpful!
Best of luck!

Alex

NetMecca

Dec 12, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
14-07-2009
In case you are not aware. Canada works with resumes not CVs. There is a significant difference so if you are unsure, do some searches on Google about resume formats specific for the type and level of positions being pursued.

I agree, I had success pre submitting my resume to employers in Canada (even before I had status). In fact it was my offer of employment in Canada that actually made it possible for me to move to Canada (and finally become a citizen which I now proudly am)

Also I would suggest that you actually call the employers directly if you can identify who the most likely employers are. The communication is appreciated, and it is usually not too hard to actually connect with the person who can make hiring decisions.

Just a thought. It worked for me..

Good luck