+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Head Fontanelle has not closed of a 25 Months old baby?

DJ_111

Mar 12, 2010
Hi Friends,
I'm a silent reader of this forum. My child is 25 months old and his fontanelle has not closed yet. His head is little big than normal. Height is OK but he is little under weight, teeth are growing slow. My question is when fontanelle normally get closed and what are the implications if it doesn't close in normal time. My medicals are ahead & someone told me that it can create problem in medical. Kindly tell will this thing be a problem or not in medicals.

Thanks

starme

Star Member
Mar 8, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My dear friend, wait for sometime, there are senior members, who will reply u sooner or later.
I am finding helpless since i dont have answer to ur query, Im sorry. :(

DJ_111 said:
Anyone? Please help me out.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
DJ_111 said:
Hi Friends,
I'm a silent reader of this forum. My child is 25 months old and his fontanelle has not closed yet. His head is little big than normal. Height is OK but he is little under weight, teeth are growing slow. My question is when fontanelle normally get closed and what are the implications if it doesn't close in normal time. My medicals are ahead & someone told me that it can create problem in medical. Kindly tell will this thing be a problem or not in medicals.

Thanks
Hi,

We understand the situation u r going thru and we wish ur child a speedy recovery. However, pls note that we r not medical professionals here, thus our info would be limited, which'd not impel us to offer any cognizative input to ur query.

What I understand on the subject is by reading this:
http://www.aafp.org/afp/2003/0615/p2547.html

I'd suggest u to take a medic's opinion on it, whether it'd affect ur baby's meds with CIC or otherwise.

I wish u all the best.

Qorax

string11

Dec 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 oct 2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
jan 2012
IELTS Request
attached with application
Med's Request
8th nov 2013
Med's Done....
25th nov 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24 Jan 2014
The ossification of the bones of the skull causes the fontanelles to close over by 18 to 24 months sometimes 26months, In some cases there are numerous causes of a delayed fontanel closure foe examples achondroplasia, hypothyroidism, Down syndrome, increased intracranial pressure, and rickets.To rule out most disorders a physical examination and diagnostic testing should take place.So i suggest u to go to your child's pediatrician and have a specific consultation, before your MR. Be safe and take care.
All the Best.
DJ_111 said:
Hi Friends,

Thanks