+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HDCF bank FD advice as proof of funds

arjun09

Dec 9, 2019
Hi folks,

I am going to submit fixed deposit as POF and I have done the FD in HDFC bank. They provided a letter called FD advice which has my name, account num, start date, maturity date etc.. Is this letter enough as proof to submit or do I have to get another on bank letterhead with the same information. Has anybody submitted HDFC FD advice as proof funds? Pls help me

arjun09

Dec 9, 2019
If the fixed deposit is more than 6 months old, you are fine.
No it is not 6 months old and I will submit my six months bank statements to prove I earned this through employment. But is this letter itself enough or not what I am confused about. Also can you tell me what all I have to submit if the letter is not 6 months old

Reactions: NP8994

Pakchikpak

Dec 12, 2018
Yes, statements showing how the money was gained to create the FDs are necessary. Along with the FDs there should also be a letter which says the ownership is in your name, there is no lien and you can withdraw from the FD at any given time. That is enough.

arjun09

Dec 9, 2019
Yes, statements showing how the money was gained to create the FDs are necessary. Along with the FDs there should also be a letter which says the ownership is in your name, there is no lien and you can withdraw from the FD at any given time. That is enough.
Do you know if there is any template for the letter?

Pakchikpak

Dec 12, 2018
Yeah, you can even make your own template. CIC is only concerned with 2 things.
1. Are the funds yours? Where are they coming from? Do they have any lien/ are they borrowed?
2. What is the CAD value of the funds you have?

mahi2020

Oct 7, 2016
you can print HDFC advice from netbanking, attach it with the bank's advice.

Netbanking one is better and more legible.