+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Having Open Work Permit traveled outside Canada to UK and want to come back what to do ?

Imran Humayun

Sep 2, 2016
Having Canadian Open Work Permit was visiting UK and heard the news yesterday about travel ban except Canadians . Couldn't get any flight to come back. What to do any updates ?? if not yet when it will be possible for work permit holders to return back to Canada?> too much tension

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Having Canadian Open Work Permit was visiting UK and heard the news yesterday about travel ban except Canadians . Couldn't get any flight to come back. What to do any updates ?? if not yet when it will be possible for work permit holders to return back to Canada?> too much tension
Unfortunately you will be stuck in the UK for a while.

Imran Humayun

Sep 2, 2016
tried yesterday. wasn't possible the very next available flight was 22 hrs travel. landing at YYZ Pearson after midnight on 18-march. the issue is as per press conference Canada wont allow anyone except Canadian citizens. I have work permit only means temporary resident. my actual return flight is on 27 March.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
tried yesterday. wasn't possible the very next available flight was 22 hrs travel. landing at YYZ Pearson after midnight on 18-march. the issue is as per press conference Canada wont allow anyone except Canadian citizens. I have work permit only means temporary resident. my actual return flight is on 27 March.
Not sure why you didn’t try and book a flight back when Covid started being a bigger issue in Europe. Cancel your trip if you only left Canada last week. It was pretty clear that it would become an issue all over the world and/or quarantine would also be an issue for travellers. Unfortunately you are now stuck for a while.

Imran Humayun

Sep 2, 2016
Not sure why you didn’t try and book a flight back when Covid started being a bigger issue in Europe. Cancel your trip if you only left Canada last week. It was pretty clear that it would become an issue all over the world and/or quarantine would also be an issue for travellers. Unfortunately you are now stuck for a while.
yeah you are right. didn't see that coming. came to UK to visit my sister now stucked... i hope they will lift the ban soon or make some flexibility for work permit holders.
I wonder how many other like me stucked else where around the globe.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
yeah you are right. didn't see that coming. came to UK to visit my sister now stucked... i hope they will lift the ban soon or make some flexibility for work permit holders.
I wonder how many other like me stucked else where around the globe.
You are likely looking at at least a month and it will depend on how bad it gets in the UK and Canada.

Imran Humayun

Sep 2, 2016
my airline is not answering as well. They just sent me an email we are receiving high volume of emails and calls do not call us back until one of our agent contacts you when once we start processing your request. And i'been trying to contact them from last week. i was not expecting Canada to close border within 48 hours.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
my airline is not answering as well. They just sent me an email we are receiving high volume of emails and calls do not call us back until one of our agent contacts you when once we start processing your request. And i'been trying to contact them from last week. i was not expecting Canada to close border within 48 hours.
If you're not already on a plane, I think you are unfortunately out of luck and will need to wait until the ban has been lifted.

Reactions: canuck78

Blancherafal

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019
I wonder how many other like me stucked else where around t

Hello. I am also under an open work permit and is currently in the Philippines. I am anxious on what to do. May I know if you have any update with regard to our status? When can we possibly enter Canada? Thank you.

Imran Humayun

Sep 2, 2016
Hello. I am also under an open work permit and is currently in the Philippines. I am anxious on what to do. May I know if you have any update with regard to our status? When can we possibly enter Canada? Thank you.
IRCC updated all the travelling information on website. The ban will be lifted on 30 June 2020 for all foreigner travellers