+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Having Brother in Canada as PR and applying for study permit please help

Nim786

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
I have a Brother in Canada who is the Permanent Resident and Now I am going to apply for the study permit
My education background
10th - 77.09%
12th - 70.77%
Bachelor of commerce( Accounting & finance ) - Overall A grade (may,2018)completed
Intake - sept,2019
College - lambton Sarina
Course - financial planning and wealth management (2yrs)
Ielts score : overall 6.5 L 7 R 7 W 6 S 6
My brother has shown me in his family information form.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
I have a Brother in Canada who is the Permanent Resident and Now I am going to apply for the study permit
My education background
10th - 77.09%
12th - 70.77%
Bachelor of commerce( Accounting & finance ) - Overall A grade (may,2018)completed
Intake - sept,2019
College - lambton Sarina
Course - financial planning and wealth management (2yrs)
Ielts score : overall 6.5 L 7 R 7 W 6 S 6
My brother has shown me in his family information form.
You have given the information but what is your problem ??

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Will it negatively affect my study permit ?
He had received the pr in 2018
Negatively or not you have to submit it. It will reduce the home ties you have compared to if your brother was in India but if your brother is letting you live with him then it could be an advantage.

Nim786

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
Negatively or not you have to submit it. It will reduce the home ties you have compared to if your brother was in India but if your brother is letting you live with him then it could be an advantage.
The place I am going is Sarina, ontario he stays in another province Regina, SK where there is no PG course
Altough I am going to show him in my file because they already has the record

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
The place I am going is Sarina, ontario he stays in another province Regina, SK where there is no PG course
Altough I am going to show him in my file because they already has the record
Regardless of if they have the record or not you must mention his name on the family form and you must declare that you have a relative who is a PR.

Reactions: Nim786

ashnamehta_023

Star Member
Feb 8, 2019
Are you interested in Studying further or you want to settle down in Canada after study? If so you can directly apply for Express Entry, your brother's PR would add points to your file and you would have a bright chance getting the PR in 6 months.

Nim786

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
Are you interested in Studying further or you want to settle down in Canada after study? If so you can directly apply for Express Entry, your brother's PR would add points to your file and you would have a bright chance getting the PR in 6 months.
I want to study there

Nim786

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
Regardless of if they have the record or not you must mention his name on the family form and you must declare that you have a relative who is a PR.
Which family information form had to be filled can you send the link so that I can mention my brother

Nim786

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
It will be mentioned in the document checklist, are you applying yourself ?
I got the form
I have no work experience has i completed my Graduation in May,2018 and result got declared on Aug,2018 then I was busy with my ielts I have atleast a year gap
How much gap is accepted ?

Reactions: dr. Rajeshree

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
I got the form
I have no work experience has i completed my Graduation in May,2018 and result got declared on Aug,2018 then I was busy with my ielts I have atleast a year gap
How much gap is accepted ?
As long as it's justified then any amount if gap is not an issue. You can mention in the work experience column that you were applying for IELTS and colleges/universities. It should not be an issue.

Apr 19, 2021
Hi! Have you managed to get Visa? I have a similar situation, my sibling resides in Canada with PR and I'm afraid that will affect me getting visa.

@ditya009

Oct 20, 2020
Hi guys just need some clarification
I am a pr holder in canada so last year i lost my job due to covid and on ei tried my field didnt work so now did some courses and looking for different career jobs. Now my brother is coming to canada on study permit what should he mention for my occupation
Thanks in advance