+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Having 2 master's degree and 1 bachelor's degree from USA

sw6lee

Star Member
Mar 18, 2012
Hello,

I already obtained my PR through CEC in Canada about a month ago, but I have a question for my sibling. They have 2 master's degree and 1 bachelor's degree from the States (and a few years of work experience of course). I'm wondering if there would be double points for 2 master's degrees. What happens to bachelor's?

When I use Canadavisa.com assessment, it lets me add multiple entries for education. However, on the government's assessment, I can only add one highest level education. Canadavisa.com did not send me the assessment result in my email yet, so I'm not sure if the multiple master's degree would help in any way.

Also, the government's website says for the Canadian equivalency evaluation for degrees, if they do it for multiple degrees they have, they will get more points. But it isn't really clear how many more points. Does it mean two degrees lead to double the points? I'm confused.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No extra points for having two master's degrees. He will get the usual 135 points (assuming single) for a master's degree.