+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HAVE YOU USED ANY OTHER NAME QUESTION. Heeelllpppp!!

Mikoy20

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2016
Doc's Request.
09-04-2016
Nomination.....
20-04-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
Med's Request
06-05-2016 (ITA)
Med's Done....
16-05-2016
Passport Req..
04-08-2016
I saw this question before I submitted my profile to CIC for permanent residency. Just a heads up, I already received my ITA and I am married.

On the question above, i selected NO and did not bother to see what are the choices if i selected YES. Since I am already married and i supposedly answered YES to this question as, of course, I have a maiden name, will this be an issue? Though I already attached my birth cert and marriage cert on my checklist.. Or do i need to inform CIC about this or maybe it is common sense that I have used a different name as I was single before and now married?

Help, please.

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mikoy20 said:
I saw this question before I submitted my profile to CIC for permanent residency. Just a heads up, I already received my ITA and I am married.

On the question above, i selected NO and did not bother to see what are the choices if i selected YES. Since I am already married and i supposedly answered YES to this question as, of course, I have a maiden name, will this be an issue? Though I already attached my birth cert and marriage cert on my checklist.. Or do i need to inform CIC about this or maybe it is common sense that I have used a different name as I was single before and now married?

Help, please.
As you suspect, you should have answered yes to this question.

Not a huge issue, but if you want to be on the safe side, send them a case specific enquiry to let them know about this mistake.

res1

Star Member
Mar 23, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2016
AOR Received.
18-02-2016
Med's Done....
03-03-2016
Passport Req..
17-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2016
LANDED..........
26-08-2016
Mikoy20 said:

Help, please.
I answered "yes" and had to upload a legal document supporting name change. If your marriage certificate has your maiden and married name, it should be fine according to this website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445ETOC.asp
I think you should list your maiden name in your application though